LBJ school 2015 Applications & Admits

gradphil

Who will be at the experience day? I'm hoping to be there on Wednesday, otherwise I will have to take an extra day off work to go Monday. InternationalHopeful, I've heard the same about jobs. I think I will do the 1st semester without a job and then try to get an assistantship in the second semester or a relevant part-time job.

I'll be visiting IU SPEA and UT the 1st week of april. As an Austinite and someone who wants to build a future in Austin, I think I'll be at UT, but the Envrio program at SPEA has a pretty strong draw on me.

Where do y'all think you will fall. (If you aren't a Texan, get used to hearing y'all lol. Most of us don't have strong accents, but we ALL say y'all)

Is there anyone else left out to hear from LBJ? For me, "around mid-March" has never come. My application status still shows "in review". I had dropped a quick email to Stacy Neuman and heard from her today that admission committees are still engaged reviewing applications and decisions will be out by this week's end. 

PS: I am international student and had applied for the MGPS-DC track. 

Who will be at the experience day? I'm hoping to be there on Wednesday, otherwise I will have to take an extra day off work to go Monday. InternationalHopeful, I've heard the same about jobs. I think I will do the 1st semester without a job and then try to get an assistantship in the second semester or a relevant part-time job.

I'll be visiting IU SPEA and UT the 1st week of april. As an Austinite and someone who wants to build a future in Austin, I think I'll be at UT, but the Envrio program at SPEA has a pretty strong draw on me.

Where do y'all think you will fall. (If you aren't a Texan, get used to hearing y'all lol. Most of us don't have strong accents, but we ALL say y'all)

I'll be attending the April 6th day! The first was too short notice for work. Also an Austinite, I'll most likely be attending UT. I can't turn down in state tuition and the money I'd save not having to move out of state.

And agreed on the yall, haha.

Can anyone speak to the availability of assistnatnship positions or other work available to grad students at LBJ?

I don't know how helpful this is, but one alum I've spoken to said she didn't know anyone who wanted a position at UT (whether academic or non-academic) and didn't find one. Since most positions within LBJ itself are really only for PhD and 2nd year MA students, I'm also going to try to look into the undergrad art history department for a TA position as well as the Blanton, but those positions are insanely competitive.

I haven't heard anything- still says in review. I applied for MGPS-DC as well....

Is there anyone else left out to hear from LBJ? For me, "around mid-March" has never come. My application status still shows "in review". I had dropped a quick email to Stacy Neuman and heard from her today that admission committees are still engaged reviewing applications and decisions will be out by this week's end.

PS: I am international student and had applied for the MGPS-DC track.

Edited by khgrad

Has anyone heard back from LBJ MGPS DC? I've heard back from everyone else... Driving me bonkers...

I haven't heard back either, and I've also heard back from everyone else on my list. I emailed two points of contact on Wednesday, but neither have gotten back to me. 

I haven't heard anything- still says in review. I applied for MGPS-DC as well....

I haven't heard back either, and I've also heard back from everyone else on my list. I emailed two points of contact on Wednesday, but neither have gotten back to me. 

I am expecting decisions no later than today and I base my expectation on an email I received two days ago from the office of admissions at LBJ, intimating that decisions will be out by this week's end. If Friday is the last day of week, which I am pretty sure is, we should not wait longer than 5-6 hours at the maximum to hear back from the Admissions Committee.

All the best to those still awaiting. 

I am expecting decisions no later than today and I base my expectation on an email I received two days ago from the office of admissions at LBJ, intimating that decisions will be out by this week's end. If Friday is the last day of week, which I am pretty sure is, we should not wait longer than 5-6 hours at the maximum to hear back from the Admissions Committee.

All the best to those still awaiting. 

Thanks for the info. I'm not terribly concerned about the decision at this point, but it does relieve that nagging little doubt about when I'll find out. 

Just got word from my point of contact that I would not be admitted to the DC program, but would be offered admission to the regular MGPS program if I so choose. Seems a bit strange to do it that way, but I'll take it. Hopefully all of the money isn't gone already. No official admissions letter yet. 

Just got word from my point of contact that I would not be admitted to the DC program, but would be offered admission to the regular MGPS program if I so choose. Seems a bit strange to do it that way, but I'll take it. Hopefully all of the money isn't gone already. No official admissions letter yet. 

I also got a quick email with the same content. Hope regular MGPS offer comes with funding. 

i'll be at visit day on the 6th. native austinite though haven't lived there for 5+ yrs. hope to get an awesome sales pitch that will justify staying in this sorry state.

i'll be at visit day on the 6th. native austinite though haven't lived there for 5+ yrs. hope to get an awesome sales pitch that will justify staying in this sorry state.

Sorry, but I follow the TX Lege & this idea is just terrible: http://www.texastribune.org/2015/03/18/campus-carry-debate-hits-senate-floor/

Im so sad I didn't find this page until today. I thought I was living all this anxiety on my own.

I applied MPAff DC and got admitted to the regular MPAff program. It was my top choice of 3 (Bush and American were the other contenders) and I will be attending in the fall.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since there were posts in here.. so I got a last minute funding offer from LBJ and I have to decide if I want to go! I had already accepted another offer but it was at a local lower-ranked school.. but now with this funding it definitely changes things. Anyone have any advice or any info about why you chose LBJ? I think I'm going to take it but I am wondering if anyone else has an opinion. :)

Thanks!