Florida Schools Fall 2015

BTW Does anyone know anything about Tampa? What is it like to live there? What is there to do?

It is a pretty big city. There is lots to do, but it is quite hot. Areas outside of Tampa and where the University sit are nicer than Tampa itself, but its not a bad area to settle in. Make sure you are okay with heat though. I love the sun, but some people find it quite hot. If you google you will find tons of stuff going on. Tampa Bay Area has pretty much anything any big city has.. just not as much as NY or Chicago or a place like that. I love it here, but I am ready to move. =)

Does anyone know anything about Jacksonville University? Their was two cohorts and one application was due til March 1 and another March 15, does that mean they will have two classes? I sent mine in in Decemeber so waiting til June feels like an eternity!

Does anyone know anything about Jacksonville University? Their was two cohorts and one application was due til March 1 and another March 15, does that mean they will have two classes? I sent mine in in Decemeber so waiting til June feels like an eternity!

If you applied by March 1st you should know if you were accepted around April 1st. If you don't get accepted your application goes into the second round of decision along with the people who made the second deadline (May 15th).  Both deadlines are for the same cohort beginning in fall. I went to their open house, so I can try to answer anymore of your questions. 

My daughter was wait listed for FSU today.  She is disappointed as she is graduating there this spring.  Rumor is wait list is pretty much as good as a rejection at FSU.  I'm just happy she has already been accepted to another Florida school, not to mention it is a few hours closer to home.

anyone having issues logging into their UCF portal to check their application status? when i log on i get this message: 

You are not authorized to access this component. (40,20) You have not been granted security authorization for the component you are attempting to access. You may have access to the designated component and page, but not in the specified action mode (such as Correction or Update/Display).  Contact your system administrator

hoping the portal is down and this isn't a sign of rejection....

anyone having issues logging into their UCF portal to check their application status? when i log on i get this message: 

You are not authorized to access this component. (40,20) You have not been granted security authorization for the component you are attempting to access. You may have access to the designated component and page, but not in the specified action mode (such as Correction or Update/Display).  Contact your system administrator

hoping the portal is down and this isn't a sign of rejection....

Yes... Mine has done same thing.. maybe they are updating them! =)... or maybe the portal is just done for the school.. lol but don't worry

Yes... Mine has done same thing.. maybe they are updating them! =)... or maybe the portal is just done for the school.. lol but don't worry

Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon from them! I've seen several acceptances on the results page for summer 2015 so hopefully we'll be getting some good news soon! 

Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon from them! I've seen several acceptances on the results page for summer 2015 so hopefully we'll be getting some good news soon! 

Hey.. go check now. =)   I got in! I hope you did too!

Are you two applying for fall or summer 2015?? Thanks :)

Summer 2015... but good news is I think the results are coming out slow.. 1 or 2 people at a time. So, I'm sure everyone still has a chance. 

I was explained of those 600 or so applicants only half are even elligible for review. The secretary told me that of those half they don't reach the criteria, aren't slp undergrad, or don't properly complete the paperwork ie forget supplements. Don't get too discouraged.

Do you have to have a degree in SLP to be accepted to USF? I thought you just had to have the proper pre-reqs. 

Do you have to have a degree in SLP to be accepted to USF? I thought you just had to have the proper pre-reqs. 

I am an out of field applicant (did my postbac for slp pre-reqs at Kean) and was accepted so you don't need to have your BA in CSD! They probably mean people don't reach the 3.0 minimum gpa or 50% GRE scores. Stay hopeful because they only sent 1 round of acceptance so far! best of luck

Has anybody heard back anything from UF SLP? I hope to hear back soon since it is already the second week of March. 

Best wishes to you all.  :)

Just accepted to jacksonville! Looking for any information on this program at all. I'm from Pennsylvania so the chances of me getting to visit before April 15 are slim. Wondering if they give funding my acceptance didn't mention any!

Just accepted to jacksonville! Looking for any information on this program at all. I'm from Pennsylvania so the chances of me getting to visit before April 15 are slim. Wondering if they give funding my acceptance didn't mention any!

Congratulations! I went to their open house so you can PM me if you would like. They do not offer any funding now, but they might have a scholarship from a private sponsor soon.

Jacksonville sent me a message today I was not accepted in the early admissions but I was put on the waitlist for regular admissions and I opted to stay on the waitlist.

Very strong chance I'll be declining my offer this week.. Jacksonville is too far from home and I don't know much about the program.. Hoping this helps you :) will decline offer asap