It's April 15 - Any other wait listed students stalking their email?

cosmicmorgan, I know this won't be the best news for you, but UWW has started rolling out their decisions for the waitlisters this week and, fortunately thank the heavens, I was one of the accepted ones. I did have to interview though, so I am not sure about the other acceptances. Wishing you best of luck on your journey and really hoping that you join our group this Fall!

cosmicmorgan, I know this won't be the best news for you, but UWW has started rolling out their decisions for the waitlisters this week and, fortunately thank the heavens, I was one of the accepted ones. I did have to interview though, so I am not sure about the other acceptances. Wishing you best of luck on your journey and really hoping that you join our group this Fall!

Congrats!!! So happy you got in :)

Congratulations, that's wonderful! Hopefully by some miracle I get in somewhere. Its not over until its over, right?

Anyone heard anything from Emerson?!?!

I called them on Monday and they told me that no decisions had been made yet. I'm super confused about the whole thing. They're just refusing to give me any information at all

Congratulations, that's wonderful! Hopefully by some miracle I get in somewhere. Its not over until its over, right?

Thank you cosmicmorgan! I do believe in miracles, so I am sure yours is just waiting to happen. I am certainly ecstatic to start my SLP journey, though this will be a long summer of classes etc!

• 2 weeks later...

Got accepted to Iona just now! Email and a phone call :)))) but... ive basically made a whole new plan and this throws a wrench into it. Hahaha! I am happy but kinda like.. idk what to do. I'll figure it out soon! As least I have an option

Got accepted to Iona just now! Email and a phone call :)))) but... ive basically made a whole new plan and this throws a wrench into it. Hahaha! I am happy but kinda like.. idk what to do. I'll figure it out soon! As least I have an option

Congratulations!!! How long did they give you to make a decision?

Congratulations, that's amazing!!! How long did they give you to make a decision?

Do you mind sharing your stats as well? Just want to see if there is still hope for me!! If you do mind, no worries :)

No prob. This process is so crazy, I was always irked when people didn't post stats because how does that help anyone else make better decisions in the future? :)  When Iona called me I thought about you and was hoping you were getting a call and would be posting about it! keep hope aliveeee

GRE Verbal - 157

Math - 147 or 148 (I dont remember)

A - 4.5

GPA - 3.4

I've been doing research in TBI / Aphasia and social work for 5 years which may have helped but I don't know.. I have to make a decision/deposit by March 26th.

No prob. This process is so crazy, I was always irked when people didn't post stats because how does that help anyone else make better decisions in the future? :) When Iona called me I thought about you and was hoping you were getting a call and would be posting about it! keep hope aliveeee

GRE Verbal - 157

Math - 147 or 148 (I dont remember)

A - 4.5

GPA - 3.4

I've been doing research in TBI / Aphasia and social work for 5 years which may have helped but I don't know.. I have to make a decision/deposit by March 26th.

You are TOO sweet! I saw your name pop up as the last poster when I came to the forums, and I got so excited because I had a feeling you were posting that you got into Iona! I truly am so happy for you!! hopefully I'll be getting the same call in the near future, I'm still not giving up hope!

That is great, where do you do your research if you don't mind me asking?

I worked at a rehab hospital doing TBI research for a few years, At a university doing aphasia research for a few years, and Womens Health research at Planned Parenthood. 

I am about 98% sure I am going to decline the invite to Iona. I'm just waiting to recieve the financial aid package and that will be the big thing. If it was like "full scholarship!" I would be like, hellllll yesss!! But the chances of that happening about about zero hahaha. I'll let you know how it goes!  I am seriously rooting for you!

I worked at a rehab hospital doing TBI research for a few years, At a university doing aphasia research for a few years, and Womens Health research at Planned Parenthood.

I am about 98% sure I am going to decline the invite to Iona. I'm just waiting to recieve the financial aid package and that will be the big thing. If it was like "full scholarship!" I would be like, hellllll yesss!! But the chances of that happening about about zero hahaha. I'll let you know how it goes! I am seriously rooting for you!

Thank you so much for the support, you are the best! Your research experience sounds amazing! I'm always looking out for ways to get involved in research relating to SLP. I didn't major in it, so most of my research experience is psych-based. Not TOTALLY unrelated, but for the most part. And as for a full scholarship, you NEVER know! I remember when we first heard from them about being put on the wait list of 60 people and we thought there was basically no chance, and look where you are now! Definitely let me know, I'm pulling for you too! Edited by elisas390

I officially declined! Just got off the phone. I hope they give you a call next!!!

Thank you so much for the support, you are the best! Your research experience sounds amazing! I'm always looking out for ways to get involved in research relating to SLP. I didn't major in it, so most of my research experience is psych-based. Not TOTALLY unrelated, but for the most part. And as for a full scholarship, you NEVER know! I remember when we first heard from them about being put on the wait list of 60 people and we thought there was basically no chance, and look where you are now! Definitely let me know, I'm pulling for you too!

• 1 month later...

I officially declined! Just got off the phone. I hope they give you a call next!!!

Well, I gave up all hope weeks ago, but I just got the call from Iona today!!! I was accepted and I couldn't be happier or more relieved! This goes to show: never give up, it isn't over until it's over!

Well, I gave up all hope weeks ago, but I just got the call from Iona today!!! I was accepted and I couldn't be happier or more relieved! This goes to show: never give up, it isn't over until it's over!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Isn't it a great feeling?! I found out that I got into St. John's last week so hooray for perseverance :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Isn't it a great feeling?! I found out that I got into St. John's last week so hooray for perseverance :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

It is seriously the best feeling! Thank you so much, congratulations to you too and good luck!!!