do I have a chance?

I am extremely stressed out about getting in as i'm sure everyone else reading this is.  I'm wondering if I have a chance or if i should pursue another path.

In-field applicant

CSD GPA: 3.85

GRE: 147VR/150QR/4AW  -- my first time taking the GRE I had 150VR/147QR...are schools willing to combine scores from separate exams or no? 

Great internship experience for the past two years related to the field.

Thanks so much

I am in a similar boat to you, but your verbal score and GPA is better than mine. I know my GPA will go up this semester, but the GRE is stressful. I'll be retaking it at some point. I am applying this year as well, so I don't have experience with actual acceptances and rejections, but I would think with your major GPA and internship experience you would have a shot to at least get in somewhere. It depends on the school, I guess. Where are you thinking of applying? And as far as GRE scores, I think it depends on the schools. ETS' website says that some schools combine scores, some schools look at the most recent, and some schools just average the scores of the exams you took. I know at my school, if you take it more than twice, instead of looking at the best scores, they start averaging the three and considering that your "score". I haven't heard any other schools that do that, but I think it would only occur anywhere if you take it more than twice, or send more than two scores to that school. 

I know that a lot of places I have looked like a verbal score around 151, and quantitative around 147-149, so your first score should be within the average range. I also heard to be considered, being five points within the average is okay to apply, if you can stand out in other places. Schools like those two to add up to at least 295-300, but I know a lot of programs like more than that to accept. 

Edited by koalalover1

The only thing you have to worry about is your letters of Rec. and your letter of intent.  Your GPA and GRE is fine.  Also depends on what schools you are applying to.  If you apply to schools outside of N.Y. and California you should be fine with your stats.  :)

Your scores are very good! Make sure you have a very strong LOI and great letters of recommendation to make your application even stronger. Being a well-rounded candidate is key. You mentioned that you have 2 years worth of internship experience that is really good as well. I think it really helps to have experience with children, schools really like that. Best of luck! If you have any questions, feel free to message me.