I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am graduating grad school soon with a major in Speech-Language Pathology. I am looking to do my clinical fellowship year abroad in Australia; however, I need to be under the supervision of an SLP who is ASHA certified so that I can get my CCC. I contacted both ASHA and SPA but both organizations do not keep track of SLPs in Australia who are ASHA certified. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find an SLP in Australia who is ASHA certified? I would greatly appreciate any information about this! 

I have some guesses - but nothing concrete. 

Try looking for educational institutions that offer SLP (Comm Dis) studies - I´m sure friendly faculty would be aware of who is working in their communities. Try looking in American ExPat groups in Australia. Perhaps look as if you were someone looking for some sort of SLP service and as you call / email mention you´re looking for American SLP´s? Try not to sound like you´re being discriminatory though, haha! 

Let us know how it works out! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...