Operations Research/ Industrial Engineering 2010

Deleted

Congratulations! First acceptance on the topic, I hope many more are going to follow

Well, it is rather positive that they are looking for possible funding for you. They wouldn't bother if they had no interest in your application.

And to your previous post about hearing anything (I assume you were refering to Northwestern), I have not, so this should be THE week.

I just meant in general. I haven't heard anything about "in or not in" from NU, but I have received an email from them asking me some questions about something in my application from the Grad Director. So I'm really hoping they finalize it next week for domestics. That would make sense, because the visit is late Feb.

Got an email from Univ Fl for a visit invite yesterday!

Hi~ I'm new here:)

About me~

Undergraduate from Dept. Industrial Engineering at Tsinghua University.

GRE V600 Q800 AW4.0; GPA 87.2/100, ranking 9/65(department), 2/40(academic direction).

Applying for 2010Fall, IE-PHD.

Applying to:

GaTech, UMichigan, Purdue, Northwestern, Stanford, Arizona State U, Iowa State U, PennState, U of Wisconsin-Madison, U of Florida,

North Carolina State U, Boston U, Texas A&M U, UIUC (14~ a lot~)

I got that email from Northwestern as well ~ "one of our highly rated international applicants...blablablah"

Well, hope it's a good sign:) but honestly I think they only meant "Don't send any more emails asking your status!"......

And I got a admission from North Carolina State U~ my decision was made on Jan.13 (but my email account blocked the email and I just knew it~), saying "Admission status: full admission; Assistantship: your major department will contact you"~ (I think they meant interview maybe~)

That's it~ no more official notifications~~ hehe~:)

Hi~ I'm new here:)

About me~

Undergraduate from Dept. Industrial Engineering at Tsinghua University.

GRE V600 Q800 AW4.0; GPA 87.2/100, ranking 9/65(department), 2/40(academic direction).

Applying for 2010Fall, IE-PHD.

Applying to:

GaTech, UMichigan, Purdue, Northwestern, Stanford, Arizona State U, Iowa State U, PennState, U of Wisconsin-Madison, U of Florida,

North Carolina State U, Boston U, Texas A&M U, UIUC (14~ a lot~)

I got that email from Northwestern as well ~ "one of our highly rated international applicants...blablablah"

Well, hope it's a good sign:) but honestly I think they only meant "Don't send any more emails asking your status!"......

And I got a admission from North Carolina State U~ my decision was made on Jan.13 (but my email account blocked the email and I just knew it~), saying "Admission status: full admission; Assistantship: your major department will contact you"~ (I think they meant interview maybe~)

That's it~ no more official notifications~~ hehe~smile.gif

Congratulations! Would you mind me asking what your research interest is?

I'm excited but this kind of stresses me out a little too. I don't know what that means...are they narrowing it down from here? or trying to find funding?

Hello guys,

I've applied to NorthWestern too but haven't heard anything from them. Did you get this mail as a reply for your inquiry or was it a notification?

I think this means that I'll hear a NO... :(

Hello guys,

I've applied to NorthWestern too but haven't heard anything from them. Did you get this mail as a reply for your inquiry or was it a notification?

I think this means that I'll hear a NO... :(

It was a notification...ORmalv and I got it about the same time(one was for domestic group and one was for international group).

I really have no clue what it means..I know they do several rounds, so keep your spirits high!

It was a notification...ORmalv and I got it about the same time(one was for domestic group and one was for international group).

I really have no clue what it means..I know they do several rounds, so keep your spirits high!

Yes, you need not worry too much about it. According to darlinguogo, they just want us to stop whining about our status smile.gif.

So no news today either, except from Gatech whom I had contacted to check on my app a long time ago and who said they were waiting my transcripts (sent in early December, so probably lost somewhere) and two of my recommendations although my recommenders confirmed to me sending their letters which is also confirmed by Gatech's own "Letters of Reference Status Page". Not very professional I think. I just hate those applications' glitches.

Hey guys! I got recommended for admission to Northwestern!

Congrats! I'm so jealous.

When did you hear?

(Did you post your result twice, because there have been two domestic acceptances within 5 min)

Edited by ORmalv

Congrats on North Carolina State! It's a beautiful area, btw.! Tsinghua is a great school! I have a friend who graduated from IE undergrad there several years ago. I don't think the NU thing means "don't send any more emails...I got that and I've never emailed them about my status :-) If that makes you feel any better!

smile.gif Our IE department at Tsinghua is very small~ so, maybe I know your friend~

And I have a roommate also applying for IEOR-PHD, she also got the admission from North Carolina State~

Ahhh, it seems NU sent their decisions to domestic applicants, waiting waiting waiting.... smile.gif

Edited by darlingguoguo

Congratulations!

Thanks! ORMalv...you're right..I felt awesome this morning! My IE department here is really happy for me..I'm from a big state school that rarely has people get into top programs,especially with funding. So I'm really humbled by this. :-)

I don't know about the UMich thing...I haven't heard anything from them...wonder if they are sending out "for sure" rejections first and then weeding through the people that they want?

Congratulations. Are you going to choose NU as your final school?

It is my first choice, but I'm going to wait until I see how two other schools(Stanford and Michigan) pan out. I'm tempted to email back right away with a "yes!" but I think it would be wise to wait a few weeks and see what happens.