Operations Research/ Industrial Engineering 2010

Deleted

I got the email as well and I am an international living 6 thousand miles away. I think it is just spam so I would not read to much into this, be it only so that nothing but a good surprise can come of this. Otherwise, as you said, you are facing a rollercoaster of emotions.

Lol, sounds like you were interviewed and became worried all of a suuden with this comment smile.gif

(by the way, I was interviewed. 6 of us were, I know that because they uploaded a spreadsheet for us to sign up so I could see all the names. Still no news...)

Are you international applicant?

Are you international applicant?

I know that it's not spam. It's what they did 2 years ago with my friend...not that getting the email = getting in, but did you see that someone posted rejection today from michigan?

It seems to be their standard(my friend warned me of this email...said I might get one of these...about two weeks ago)...let people know to save that date if they haven't been rejected yet.

Lol, sounds like you were interviewed and became worried all of a suuden with this comment smile.gif

(by the way, I was interviewed. 6 of us were, I know that because they uploaded a spreadsheet for us to sign up so I could see all the names. Still no news...)

I emailed the H professor today. He told me that they made initial offers to international students. I am not sure, by "made", he means already notify the applicants or just purely made. He is also quite honest, telling me I am VERY unlikely to be admitted. Story closed. Move on to the next one.

I emailed the H professor today. He told me that they made initial offers to international students. I am not sure, by "made", he means already notify the applicants or just purely made. He is also quite honest, telling me I am VERY unlikely to be admitted. Story closed. Move on to the next one.

Who, Professor Nelson?

I emailed the H professor today. He told me that they made initial offers to international students. I am not sure, by "made", he means already notify the applicants or just purely made.  He is also quite honest, telling me I am VERY unlikely to be admitted.    Story closed. Move on to the next one.

I haven't received any news after I submitted my application. Definitely I'm not a top candidate thus I think I am out too.  Sadddddd

To those who hasn't heard from NU, including myself, be ready for either good or bad news. They interviewed some international applicants and also told some shortlisted. So, if you didn't hear from them again, like myself, you are either their top candidates or at the end of their shortlist. But I guess I am in the second situation. Good Luck to others.

Really~~ I heard nothing from NU and it's already two weeks....

Same here...

I am expecting a rejection letter at this moment...

You applied to the Ph.D program or Masters?

I applied to Ph.D program.

I've already got the rejection. They sent me an email asked me to check the status online, I kind of knew it was bad news, and yes, it was rejection. I was not too surprised of this result, since I realized that I failed a requirement after I paid the application fee, I called them but they refused to refund me. Today, my friend asked "why didn't you call your credit card company and just cancel the transaction?" I didn't figure out this way......too silly

I got the email as well and I am an international living 6 thousand miles away. I think it is just spam so I would not read to much into this, be it only so that nothing but a good surprise can come of this. Otherwise, as you said, you are facing a rollercoaster of emotions.

You are right. Actually I was interviewed this Monday morning, the one before you. Well, let's just cross our fingers...

Hi all,

I did my Undergrad B.Tech Chemical Engineering from NIT Trichy (India) one of India's top ten Engineering colleges.

My GPA is 7.6 on 10 ( Don't know the conversion to the 4.00 system)

My GRE 1460 ( 800 q + 660 v) 4.5 writing

Applying for my masters in IEOR ,fall 2010.

the following colleges

Uni of Calif, Berkeley REJECTED

PennState ----Still waiting

Cornell University ----Still waiting

Columbia ----Still waiting

North Carolina State University ----Still waiting

University of Southern California (Viterbi) ----Still waiting

Texas austin ----Still waiting

SUNY Buffalo ----Still waiting

Chapel Hill ----Still waiting

University of Houston ----Still waiting

i am extremely anxious .!! wondering when i can expect a response from each either way

I applied to Ph.D program.

I've already got the rejection. They sent me an email asked me to check the status online, I kind of knew it was bad news, and yes, it was rejection. I was not too surprised of this result, since I realized that I failed a requirement after I paid the application fee, I called them but they refused to refund me. Today, my friend asked "why didn't you call your credit card company and just cancel the transaction?" I didn't figure out this way......too silly

Yeah, you should have cancelled the transaction...

From the online status, I can only see that my application is complete... Does this mean that the decision on my application has not been made yet? I emailed them and got no response...

Yeah, you should have cancelled the transaction...

From the online status, I can only see that my application is complete... Does this mean that the decision on my application has not been made yet? I emailed them and got no response...

At this time, no news is good news!

You are in Singapore? Maybe I read your post in other forums, if you were that guy, I don't think you need to be worried, your background is toooooooo strong!

Wish you get the offer from your dream school!

<br />At this time, no news is good news!<br />You are in Singapore? Maybe I read your post in other forums, if you were that guy, I don't think you need to be worried, your background is toooooooo strong!<br />Wish you get the offer from your dream school!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes, I am from Singapore and did post my profile somewhere, but I am still not sure if the one you saw was mine...

Anyways, thanks a lot for your bless. Wish you get yours too.

At this time, no news is good news!

You are in Singapore? Maybe I read your post in other forums, if you were that guy, I don't think you need to be worried, your background is toooooooo strong!

Wish you get the offer from your dream school!

I just received the admission email... No financial aid mentioned yet.

Wish everyone good luck !

I just received the admission email... No financial aid mentioned yet.

Wish everyone good luck !

Congratulations!!! The department website says every admitted student will receive financial aid automatically, so don't worry about the financial problem.

I have no news....sad

<br />Congratulations!!! The department website says every admitted student will receive financial aid automatically, so don't worry about the financial problem.<br /><br /><br />I have no news....sad<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

You probably need to email them. I emailed them two days ago.