Operations Research/ Industrial Engineering 2010

Deleted

I got an unofficial admission email from IEOR in UC Berkeley and

there were no info about financial support.

I asked the office about it and the admission was without support (too sad. it was same as reject.)

Is there anyone who get admission with support?

and

any idea finding support?

Edited by Borders

I got an unofficial admission email from IEOR in UC Berkeley and

there were no info about financial support.

I asked the office about it and the admission was without support (too sad. it was same as reject.)

Is there anyone who get admission with support?

and

any idea finding support?

First of all Congratulations for your acceptance,

For funding, try to communicate with faculties and explain your status to them, so that they may hire you for some assistantships or guide you through other opportunities.

you get admission offer for MS or PhD ? Would you please share your profile?

Hey guys, after going through this thread I realized that very few of you are planning for MS. I have applied for Operations Research/IE in most of the universities and for Mathematical Finance in NYU and Rutgers. I recently received an admit from UMich IOE and am pretty excited about it ! Now I am eagerly waiting for Stanford MS&E's MS results and that of Cornell's and GaTech's !

All the best for your results people !

I got admitted to UMich!

Great! Congratulations! Are u planning to inverse-bump Princeton now, is it your fav school? It may help us, if its not high on your list and you reject it.

Also I have seen some Cornell admits on the board. Anyone who regularly visits the forum heard from Cornell?

Great! Congratulations! Are u planning to inverse-bump Princeton now, is it your fav school? It may help us, if its not high on your list and you reject it.

Also I have seen some Cornell admits on the board. Anyone who regularly visits the forum heard from Cornell?

Yeah I'll probably go ahead and tell Princeton "no". I'm thinking I'll be happier elsewhere. :-)

Does anyone know when MS program at Princeton ORFE decision is announced?

I talked to the guy that I know who is head of one of the labs in ORFE and he said that they have basically made all of their decisions already. They met 2 weeks ago with their narrowed list....and selected the final group during that week.

So how would you rank your choices: NU>Mich ?

That's a difficult question. It used to be very obvious to me (NU)....but the more I look into UMich and talk to people, the more I like it too. I would still say Pr(Accept NU's offer) > Pr(Accept Mich Offer). I've lived in Evanston for 2.5 months before, and I love it there. Never been to Ann Arbor. Visit will determine a LOT for me.

What about you ORmalv? Assuming you get into the rest of your schools, where is # 1 at the moment?

I talked to the guy that I know who is head of one of the labs in ORFE and he said that they have basically made all of their decisions already. They met 2 weeks ago with their narrowed list....and selected the final group during that week.

That's really weird since I haven't got any rejection or acceptance email/letter :(

That's really weird since I haven't got any rejection or acceptance email/letter :(

Oh ...well 1st of all- I was referring to PhD(sorry; didn't read fully what you wrote...the MS party anyway), and 2nd--they haven't sent out decisions yet officially.

Oh ...well 1st of all- I was referring to PhD(sorry; didn't read fully what you wrote...the MS party anyway), and 2nd--they haven't sent out decisions yet officially.

Thanks, you were scaring me a little bit ^ ^ ..... This waiting period is so unnerving and depressing :(

Did anyone else apply to the MIT Operations Research center? Someone posted in the results that they were rejected by e-mail today, and another person (perhaps the same person?) reported that they had been invited to a phone interview earlier in the week.

I've not heard anything yet, isn't it odd for a rejection to go out before acceptances (or perhaps some acceptances are out and those people just don't use this site or haven't posted yet).

Did anyone else apply to the MIT Operations Research center? Someone posted in the results that they were rejected by e-mail today, and another person (perhaps the same person?) reported that they had been invited to a phone interview earlier in the week.

I've not heard anything yet, isn't it odd for a rejection to go out before acceptances (or perhaps some acceptances are out and those people just don't use this site or haven't posted yet).

Are you talking about MS or PhD ? I am also applying for the MS Program but based on last year thread the decision won't be sent out until Feb 23 ...