Anki is a free SRS program (spaced repetition software) that allows you to make your own decks, as well as share decks with others in your courses. It absolutely made me an amazing student in undergrad. Spending the time to make the cards yourself is great, and then you simply do your flashcards when you're riding the bus, waiting in line for coffee, whatever. I made it part of my morning schedule to lay in bed and drink some water/do flashcards to wake up slowly but productively each morning.

Basically you rate how easy it is to answer a question and based on that it will space the cards out so you see them soon if you didn't do well, or later if you had it pretty easy. This allows you to actually learn the information, rather than just be reminded of it by flashcard cues.

The Android app is free, the iPhone app is fairly expensive but I found it worth it! Computer version is free of course. 

Edited by HiFiWiFi

• 2 months later...