To answer Hypatia's questions:
1. Funded, regular SSHRC ; 19.20 out of 30,
3. Letter received May 7; Letter postmarked: May 5; Letter dated: May 3 (they kept it around their office for two whole days!)
4. Subject area and/or committee: I'm not sure I remember. It might have been history. Is that helpful?
5. Applied through my university
6. Year in PhD studies when you would take up the award: 3
7. Taylor, Ross, or Queen's Fellowship?? no idea.
8. Anything else you want to include that might be helpful: business-related project pitch? no. publications? one article accepted. major conference presentations? yes. One at the time of application. second time applying? yes, but last time I didn't pass the dept stage. Also awarded OGS but will decline (when the letter finally comes).