Jump to content

bike81

Members
  • Content count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About bike81

  • Rank
    Decaf

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I had a lot of trouble deciding on a PhD program (direct admission to lab in a STEM field) and thought about it until literally the last minute of April 15 (both schools part of CGS). I was totally split between two choices, which represented very different lab environments, mentorship styles, department cultures, prestige of programs, and funding opportunities. I had previously preferred option A, but was going back an forth, and switched to option B at the end. About a week out from the decision, I am still having serious regrets, anxiety, nerves, etc. and feel I may have made a wrong choice. In general (and even with previous big life decisions), I am good about just accepting a decision and moving on, which makes me think maybe there is some substance to my doubts beyond normal nerves. Is it possible (legal?) to change a decision after 4/15? Is it possible option A would take me back? How worried should I be about burning bridges? Has anyone ever done this before?
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.