Single Status Update
I was accepted! Now what?
Finish strong. Rest up. Towards the end of July, plan on ways that you can hit the ground running in the fall. Potential tasks include:
- reading up on the policies of your new program and school,
- making sure that the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed with what ever financial support you're receiving,
- doing background research on the professors with whom you will likely work,
- identifying and reading one or two "must reads" in your intended fields (don't over do it),
- revisiting your notes/work from your UGI so that you know what you're supposed to know, and
- developing an understanding of the differences between being an undergraduate and a graduate student.