I find myself in a weird position with my grad school apps (don't we all?). Here's my current breakdown. All of these programs are related to industrial-organizational psychology (but not necessarily named that):
1) I'm waitlisted at Columbia (!!!)
2) I've been rejected at Wisconsin, but only because of a 1-year budget shortfall. They've strongly encouraged me to apply again.
3) I've been accepted to Claremont Graduate University...to their MA program. The catch? The program isn't funded. And I have a masters in another field.
While I'm waiting to find out if I get off of the waitlist at Columbia, I'm trying to decide what to do about my other options. Should I pay for the second MA, get a credential in the right field, and reapply to other programs? Should I defer for a year at CGU, go back to work, and apply again with the academic credentials I have?
The program at CGU looks AMAZING, and I've seen firsthand that the students are getting a great education. But if I pay for an MA...I'm worried that will put a PhD financially out of reach.
What do you think?