Jump to content

marxista

Members
  • Posts

    54
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marxista

  1. one thing I learnt from talking to alumni from UC’s is that for the last years SD>LA=Irvine in terms of art making and environment. A lot of folks, including its own grads, look at UCLA as a very commercially driven program, whereas UCSD has a very eclectic and diverse program. Irvine is in the middle but new generation of faculty is “heavily” shifting things around.
  2. Nope! UCLA then RISD are. I am not okay with what Columbia has been up to and my friends in NYC say its not worth the amount of money it costs.
  3. Photo, got accepted over the phone though lol
  4. I got acceptance at Columbia as well! Nothing from RISD though—I want to wait it out since I think I prefer RISD if I don’t get into UCLA but I have hope!
  5. anyone heard back from UCLA post interview? New Genres particularly?
  6. interview invitations were sent last week
  7. I got an interview from Bard and I am wondering what is the profile of people who attend—also, is it true that it is chaos? or it the world chaos and so is Bard? anyone familiar with this low-residency model?
  8. columbia sent decision notifications today!
  9. any idea how competitive is UPenn? I was considering it a backup, but only bc I didn’t vibe with most of the work being done. I also know they give 50% off and thats it. So I assume not that competitive? Just asking bc I live in the EC and would be nice to stick around if I don’t get to my other options.
  10. Calarts is well known… for being a rich kids’ school. Loosing its impetus pretty rapidly in the last 3-5 years. People argue film/video and animation dpts are good but they just are well connected, and people that go have rich parents or a hefty scholarship from their home countries (because they give a laughable amount). I was accepted to f/v last year and ended up not going bc the interview day was a joke
  11. portal updated as waitlisted
  12. All stats from trusted users, school websites, and Paterson’s as last recourse. PLEASE CORRECT IF WRONG, or drop a line if you want to add a school. Currently only includes MFA programs in the following categories: 1. Painting / Drawing 2: Sculpture 3: Photography 4: Digital Media / Kinetic Arts 5: Film/Video 6: Graphic Design RISD Painting: 8% Sculpture: 21% Photography: 10% Graphic Design: 9% Digital Media: 8% SAIC Painting/Drawing: 8% Sculpture: 11% Photography: 13% Visual Communication: 32% Art and Technology: 24% Film, Video, New Media, and Animation: 35% Northwestern Art, Theory, Practice: 5% CalArts School of Art (Art + Photography + Graphic Design): 18% School of Film/Video: 28% Yale School of Art (Painting/Printmaking + Sculpture + Photography + Graphic Design): 5% Columbia Visual Arts: 2% Film: 18% VCU Craft/Material Studies: 42% Kinetic Imaging: 17% Sculpture and Expanded Media: 12% Painting: 9% Photography and Film: 29% UCLA Art: 3% Design Media Arts: 8% Film and Television: 9% Bard Milton Avery Graduate School of the Arts (low residency): 12% Bard-ICP Photography: 19% MICA Hoffberger School of Painting: 9% Rinehart School of Sculpture: 19% Mount Royal School of Art (interdisciplinary): 7% Photographic and Electronic Media: 21% Graphic Design: 11% Cranbrook Fine Arts (including all majors): 23% NYU Studio Art: 15% Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP, MPS degree): 55% Film and Television: 9% Hunter College Studio Art: 11% Integrated Media Arts: 22% UCSD Visual Arts: 12% Rutgers (Mason Gross School of the Arts) Visual Arts: 9% SVA Fine Arts: 19% Design: 14% Interaction Design: 25% Computer Art: 32% Photography, Video and Related Media: 33% Parsons Fine Arts: 45% Photography: 30% Design and Technology: 88% Pratt Fine Arts: 38% Communications Design: 52% Digital Arts: 25% Art Center (needs update) Art: 50%+ (updated) Media Design Practices: 61% Film: 55%
  13. I was waitlisted last year late february, like the 26 or 27th
  14. I got an interview from Alfred a couple days ago
  15. I think they sent interview requests yesterday. Not sure…didn’t get one.
  16. yesss also—RISD offers a lot of aid to the ones they really want! I head somewhere they give one full ride per cohort in each dpt
  17. same! I asked about AI art and their position about it—happy to report they are very critical and serious around the topic. They did say they received around 250 applications and there are only 12 slots tho… and its expensive :,(
  18. Anyone got an interview for RISD D+M?
  19. awesome! Is yours saturday?
  20. Not sure for those two, but remember that for UCLA is common to be interviewed but not necessary to be accepted—in fact really good applicants get accepted without an interview. There is always hope ❤️
  21. UCLA is hard to know since the 6 concentrations send interviews at different rates—I received mine on Wednesday last year for one and then 1 week later on Thursday for my second concentration even though I knew that second concentration had sent original interviews the Monday of the previous week… TLTR, no way of knowing. Let us know if you get the interview though!
  22. Lets just say they are a great funded opportunity. Historically, the program is not rigorous nor well regarded—its seen as eve’s apple in the art world
  23. UCLA is the school everyone in the East cost applies to, they receive 600 apps and accept 15 (2.5%), but 400 of them are from ug seniors and odd artists UCI and UC Berkeley—wouldn’t recommend if your not a painter or an academic UCSD—less competitive, as good (or better) than UCLA in most disciplines (much better if your thing is computer and web art), but for painting Id say stick to UCLA. The strongest in your list are def Yale, RISD, UCLA and NW in that order stanford is a bit of a joke—a very well funded one tho
  24. RISD—sculpture rocks and you don’t have to TA if you don’t want to but still work in something else. They also give lots of scholarships.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use