Emolibra97
Members-
Posts
44 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Emolibra97
-
That’s great to know Ty! Have you heard anything from UCI?
-
Having read other forums, I feel like UCLA reaches out pretty late in February compared to the other UCs. Also it seems like their interviewing process is super different across their disciplines. I consistently find that new genres gives out the most interviews pretty early and for the other disciplines not really if any. I just expect to either hear from them later this month or just see the results mid March. I applied to photo, and there is also the chance that they have already reached out to applicants and I didn't make the cut given that they only accept 3 candidates each year.
-
I don't think that is bad. In my interview with UO they said they will be reconvening the week after and that I would hear back end of February. It's been 2 weeks since I had the interview.
-
I didn't hear back from UCI so I guess this is an unofficial rejection. I was really not expecting this as UCI was more of a safe option wow I was so wrong! 😭 Anyways, I hope someone here got an interview and I'm still waiting to hear back on my last school UCLA.
-
Also hoping to hear back from UCI but nothing. Starting to lose hope on that I guess since it’s already Friday night. Any chance they could reach out on a Saturday?
-
Has anyone heard from UCI? They're holding interviews starting Monday and I'm worried now 🥲
-
That’s amazing congrats! And a pretty early acceptance notice that’s awesome and I’m sure a huge relief!
-
I've read in this forum that UCLA is pretty scattered when it comes to updates. Each discipline reaches out at different times. Berkeley does give interviews and I believe those happened like 2 weeks ago.
-
This gives some hope thank you! Also I’m not sure if they even reach out to the recommenders I haven’t heard any updates from mine. edit: also if they do request a letter I worry my recommenders won’t see the email! I wonder what happens in this case.
-
Photography! And it’s ok! It wasn’t meant to be. I feel really good with my interview at UO and I’m still waiting on UCLA and UCI.
-
Ty! Rooting for you guys!
-
Just got the portal update email from Yale. No interview!!! 🙅♂️🚫
-
Has anyone heard back from UCLA MFA or Yale? I know UCI should be reaching out anytime soon given their announcements last week. We're almost in the middle of this week AHH!
-
Congrats! Apologies for my ignorance, is the interdisciplinary studio the same as the MFA program or is it a separate branch/admission?
-
I totally feel you on that regarding your Davis interview. That’s how I felt with my Chicago one. I appreciated that they asked really specific questions about my portfolio but it felt a bit aggressive in some way? With Oregon the way it was a conversation made me feel so much comfortable and interested in the program.
-
Update UCI is pausing their review process out of respect for the strike. Interviews are expected to be held Feb 9-11
-
Yea! My interviewer did hint that they were struggling this year (like many), but that it could still be fully funded so we'll see! I'm lens based artist! I feel that's what happening with Berkeley, my work is not as experimental so then it's not a good fit! I have a colleague that went to Stanford MFA and it's very research focused. I feel my work falls in the middle so I can see now why these programs didn't reach out. I read in a forum that we should not try to fit into a program rather go to one that they know we are a good fit for it. If my work is not for their program then I shouldn't be going there!
-
Of Course! It's interesting because both if my interviews felt totally different. With Oregon it was such a more relaxed and longer interview. It felt more like a conversation. The sent me what they were going to ask a week before. All questions like, what questions or problems are currently driving your work? Is there a piece in your portfolio that best represents where your work is headed? Walk me through your process from idea to finished work? Why this program? Very straightforward questions. The interview lasted almost an hour. For UChicago it was the opposite. Very quick 15 minutes. They lwk grilled me a bit on my work. They had very specific questions on my portfolio that I can't get into here, but the standard questions were also asked like why here? How did you became familiar with making art? As we are living in a world full of images, how would you as an artist deal with this? What is your targeted audience? This interview felt waaay more intense and quick. I hope this helps and best of luck! I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA, Yale, and Irvine.
-
Hi All, Been following this thread for a week and finally made an account. I wanted to share the schools I applied to were U of Oregon, UCLA, Berkeley, UC Irvine, U Chicago, Stanford, and Yale. So far I've interviewed for U of Oregon (felt it went great and I feel there is a big chance of being accepted here) and have my U Chicago interview tomorrow morning. For people that applied to Oregon I believe interviews have been finalized and they are getting together this upcoming week. Decisions will be out by end of February. I've seen a couple people here (and a reddit post) that Berkeley/Stanford have finalized their interviews. I feel bummed out since Berkeley was one of my top choices and it has been crickets since I applied. This is my second time applying here. I still have hope for UCLA and Yale as these are also my top choices so fingers crossed! I don't feel that I am the type of artist Yale is looking for, but it was worth a try Wish you all the best of luck and please don't loose hope! Everything happens for a reason and you'll be a great artist no matter who accepts or doesn't accept you.
