USC MSW application

MSWMomma

Question

Hello everyone,

I just submitted my application for the MSW online program @ USC. The admissions representative (aka recruiter) stated that the review board would review my paperwork and respond within a couple of weeks, but I could get a response as soon as a few days. I'm trying to start in May 2018.

Anyone have experience with the applications process and time frames?

Also, did you apply for scholarships at the time of acceptance or when you submitted your original application.

Thank you in advance for your help?

2 answers to this question

I applied to USC's MMLIS  (Library Science) online program in 2016, and I received my acceptance within 48 hours.   

Just recently, I applied to USC's MPA online program, and the admissions representation told me they do rolling reviews of apps, and I could hear back anywhere between a few days to a couple of months.  I guess it depends on when the committee meets, and the strength of your application.

As for scholarships, the MPA application have a section on that (so you can apply for the scholarships pending admission).  My MMLIS app did not.

Good Luck!

Edited by MMLIS MPA

On 1/10/2018 at 3:40 PM, MSWMomma said:

Hello everyone,

I just submitted my application for the MSW online program @ USC. The admissions representative (aka recruiter) stated that the review board would review my paperwork and respond within a couple of weeks, but I could get a response as soon as a few days. I'm trying to start in May 2018.

Anyone have experience with the applications process and time frames?

Also, did you apply for scholarships at the time of acceptance or when you submitted your original application.

Thank you in advance for your help?

Hello MSWMomma!

I also applied for the MSW @ USC program for May 2018. I submitted my application on October 31st and heard back this past week that I had been accepted (it took a total of 12 weeks). I did not apply for any scholarships at the time that I applied, but now that I have been accepted I am beginning the process of looking into scholarship opportunities. 

I am currently working on applying for the Deans Leadership Scholars Scholarship https://msw1.typeform.com/to/foIRCG. I did notice that it said to apply for this scholarship at the time of submitting the application to the MSW program, but hopefully they will still consider applications that come in later...

Best of luck to you!

Edited by RK1