MIT Admission Results

Rajashik

There is a message in my account that reads' Your application is considered complete! To check your admission result, you can log into your online account now. The results will be posted rather than mailed.' 

However, I dont know where to check.

Anyone with an idea?

I can imagine there's a link somewhere in the portal where you made your application? I applied to EECS so I may have a different portal than yours (and I still haven't received a decision so can't help more). 

I'm talking about the portal at https://gradapply.mit.edu/

Edited by minuto

I also applied through the EECS portal, so it is likely different than what you see. When I log into the EECS portal https://gradapply.mit.edu/eecs I see this:

This is the MIT EECS application web site for Graduate Admissions.

You have submitted your application.

You can log into this web site in early March to see our admissions decision.

Looking at the Grad Cafe Results for MIT for your particular field, I do not see results indicating acceptances and rejections for Fall 2018. I wonder if the wording on your portal is just unintentionally vague. It may just mean to login to the portal to see your results (whenever they are finally posted), rather than expecting a result to come in the mail. Not that you should literally expect to see the results online right now.

I know they also admit without. In fact I think the majority of admits are without interview.

12 minutes ago, PlsAdmitMePls said:

I’m seeing a few interview updates on GradCafe’s results search. Does anyone know if MIT EECS does mandatory interviews, or is it on a case by case basis? I’m getting really nervous since I’ve not heard back yet. 

It appears that the previous years’ calendars had an entry for a “graduate round-up” committee that kind of indicated when results would be released (see: linked post)

I can’t find a corresponding entry in the MIT EECS calendars for 2018. Do you guys know if such an entry exists elsewhere? Or where we can get an equivalent indication of when results would be released?

5 minutes ago, PlsAdmitMePls said:

It appears that the previous years’ calendars had an entry for a “graduate round-up” committee that kind of indicated when results would be released (see: linked post)

I can’t find a corresponding entry in the MIT EECS calendars for 2018. Do you guys know if such an entry exists elsewhere? Or where we can get an equivalent indication of when results would be released?

I was also wondering this. However looking at past years' trends the acceptances are out the first or second week of February.

Which area did you apply to?

Edited by minuto

3 minutes ago, SVorPhD said:

Is it perhaps the "EE Search Committee Meeting" on 26th from 8am-6pm?

I hate that only some groups of EECS do interviews, and I don't know which ones :(

Yeah, no kidding. Seeing all these interview posts on the results page is stressing me out. But hearing that the majority of acceptances don’t interview is giving me some peace of mind, but I really wish I knew more about the process.

19 minutes ago, PlsAdmitMePls said:

I applied to CSAIL essentially. How about you? Hopefully we hear back in early Feb! Not sure if I can handle waiting until March, haha.

CSAIL, systems area. Yeah well if I don't receive any answer when everyone else gets accepted I'll just assume I've been rejected, it seems to be a safe assumption.

21 minutes ago, SVorPhD said:

Is it perhaps the "EE Search Committee Meeting" on 26th from 8am-6pm?

I hate that only some groups of EECS do interviews, and I don't know which ones :(

Where do you see that entry? I can't find it on http://web.mit.edu/registrar/calendar/ 

EDITS: whoops wrong calendar

Edited by minuto

9 minutes ago, minuto said:

CSAIL, systems area. Yeah well if I don't receive any answer when everyone else gets accepted I'll just assume I've been rejected, it seems to be a safe assumption.

From the results records of last year, there seems to be two waves of acceptances, though the second admittedly is significantly smaller. So I’d definitely hold off until the end of Feb. But here’s to getting our acceptances earlier!

18 minutes ago, spamhaus said:

Well at least it looks like campus visits are planned for March 5 - 9. Great find @PlsAdmitMePls!

Thanks, looks like last year the visit days were a bit earlier (March 2, 3, 4 2017). So I’m guessing that we might be getting the results a bit later this year as a result.

By the way, any international applicants here that had to submit IELTS scores? I had mine sent to MIT but they don't appear in the "Test Score Status" page. I know they say not to worry but just wondering if they were supposed to appear there or it was reserved for TOEFL only (which has an automated system unlike IELTS).

16 minutes ago, minuto said:

The calendar (make sure you select all rooms at https://calendars.mit.edu/Pages/CalendarViews/MonthView.aspx?OrganizationId=9&RoomId= ) shows that there will be a "CIRC grad admissions" meeting on the 26th of January!

I saw that too, but only ~5 hours?! Wonder what CIRC stands for..

I saw that too, but only ~5 hours?! Wonder what CIRC stands for..

I'm pretty sure each group has already a list and they just need to coordinate or tell each other what's happening... otherwise yeah, that doesn't sound like enough time to talk about 3500+ applications!

13 minutes ago, minuto said:

I'm pretty sure each group has already a list and they just need to coordinate or tell each other what's happening... otherwise yeah, that doesn't sound like enough time to talk about 3500+ applications!

How did you get the 3500+ number? Is it an estimate?

Also, based on the host (Prof Daniel), I'm suspecting those meetings might just be for integrated circuits groups (although CIRC seems like a weird way to abbreviate that..).

How did you get the 3500+ number? Is it an estimate?

Also, based on the host (Prof Daniel), I'm suspecting those meetings might just be for integrated circuits groups (although CIRC seems like a weird way to abbreviate that..).

Ah then the small time slot would make more sense.

No it is not an estimate, I remember it being on a rejection letter posted on the results page last year. 

Here they mention 2778 applications for the 2014-2015 cycle, apparently obtained by the department so it should be an official number- https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-admission-statistics-for-top-schools-in-computer-science-information-science-and-computer-engineering 

I think the number increases every year.