Summer@EPFL 2018

peanutjellyfish

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Claésia Costa said:

What did it say in your email? For when the interview? My hope is lost :/

I was contacted by someone from one of the labs I specified I was interested in. All they asked for was a time to schedule the interview. I imagine each of the labs would work on their own schedule before the general deadline, so don't lose hope just yet.

Don't lose hope! My lab of interest told me they had just gotten to my application, so it means they're still going through everything. I agree with touchwood that each lab is at a different point in the decision making process. People in the past have been accepted around March 4 without any interview, too.

Edited by peanutbutterjellyfish

On 2/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, super_nova said:

Thanks for letting us know what correspondence you have received so far.

I didn't receive any email from EPFL yet. I know there are still some time, but I am kind of losing hope now, since I am a Masters students I have less chance of selection anyway...

Wait, what? Why exactly do Masters students have less of a chance?
BTW, did any of the people who got the interviews try to contact Profs/ PhD candidates before/ after applying?

On 2018. 2. 22. at 1:00 AM, Claésia Costa said:

What labs do you apply? 

I submitted 'Systems' as my first interest,  and got an email from one of the system related labs.

5 hours ago, Uzair Akbar said:

Wait, what? Why exactly do Masters students have less of a chance?
BTW, did any of the people who got the interviews try to contact Profs/ PhD candidates before/ after applying?

I didn't. Just submitting the application form, including transcripts, CV and letter of motivation is all I did.

2 hours ago, peanutbutterjellyfish said:

Interview request for me was simply a request to set up a skype call. 

The call went well! We talked about our research interests, my background, the lab's research plans. 

Will hear back next week (obviously since deadline for decision is next Sunday) on decision. 

So is it expected that the end result will come out next week?

On 2018. 2. 26. at 2:34 AM, peanutbutterjellyfish said:

Interview request for me was simply a request to set up a skype call. 

The call went well! We talked about our research interests, my background, the lab's research plans. 

Will hear back next week (obviously since deadline for decision is next Sunday) on decision. 

I'll have a skype call this week. I really hope to go there in summer..How can  I prepare for the interview? Would you mind giving me some advice for the upcoming interview?

8 hours ago, HHKB said:

I'll have a skype call this week. I really hope to go there in summer..How can  I prepare for the interview? Would you mind giving me some advice for the upcoming interview?

Read or skim the professor's papers beforehand and know your own projects well. 

I'm so excited to be in Lausanne this summer.