Chemical Engineering PhD Fall 2018 Application Results

Excelsior!

You can search the results page for "chemical engineering" to see which schools have sent acceptances so far. 

For International students (St="I" in Results page), the following US schools appear to have sent acceptances to 1 or more applicants as of now:

Columbia, Cornell, MIT, Princeton, Purdue, TAMU, UCSB, UCB, UIUC, Minn, Notre Dame, Penn, S. Carolina, Texas, WashU

Best wishes.

I've been lurking for awhile, but decided to finally setup an account in order to (hopefully) settle some of my anxiety.

I applied to the ChemE PhD programs at Northwestern and Johns Hopkins. I've noticed that there have been results reported for both, but the status of both of my application still says  "Submitted". The apps are marked as completed, but since decisions are coming out, I'm nervous that they should say "In Review" or "Pending decision" or something... Is this normal for these programs? Is there anyone else whose applications are still just "submitted" even though decisions have been coming out?

14 minutes ago, XVIIA said:

I've been lurking for awhile, but decided to finally setup an account in order to (hopefully) settle some of my anxiety.

I applied to the ChemE PhD programs at Northwestern and Johns Hopkins. I've noticed that there have been results reported for both, but the status of both of my application still says  "Submitted". The apps are marked as completed, but since decisions are coming out, I'm nervous that they should say "In Review" or "Pending decision" or something... Is this normal for these programs? Is there anyone else whose applications are still just "submitted" even though decisions have been coming out?

Hi, I applie to the Civil at JHU, and my status is still "submitted"...... But I am not sure whether the decisions of civil at jhu have been coming out... Fingers crossed!

23 minutes ago, XVIIA said:

In some applications, the status changes and in some other the status does not. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.

9 hours ago, John Tran said:

Do you think Northwestern gonna send more acceptance later in the February? I am tired of waiting...

I don't know. A friend of mine is also waiting for Northwestern but I have no idea. Maybe someone who got accepted might know.

12 hours ago, John Tran said:

Do you think Northwestern gonna send more acceptance later in the February? I am tired of waiting...

I hope so. I'm also tired of waiting! I'm trying to find comfort in the fact that they seem to be sending out rejections lately, so every day that passes that I don't receive a rejection is at least a reasonably good day.

9 hours ago, John Tran said:

My roommate, in ChemE, got admitted 1/15, but I am still waiting. Really, NW, please be fast!

Yeah. Northwestern seems to admit/reject in large waves... I'm just hoping for another wave of acceptances, preferably soon! Where else did you apply?

4 hours ago, XVIIA said:

Yeah. Northwestern seems to admit/reject in large waves... I'm just hoping for another wave of acceptances, preferably soon! Where else did you apply?

UT Austin (rejected) Texas AM(accepted) UIUC(No reply, based on their previous accepting behavior, probably rejected) UNC Chapel Hill(Chem, probably rejected), North carolina state (No reply) and cornell (GRE was STILL PENDING). Texas AM is a decent choice, but not what I want...

6 minutes ago, John Tran said:

UT Austin (rejected) Texas AM(accepted) UIUC(No reply, based on their previous accepting behavior, probably rejected) UNC Chapel Hill(Chem, probably rejected), North carolina state (No reply) and cornell (GRE was STILL PENDING). Texas AM is a decent choice, but not what I want...

Which one was your first choice?

My research interests and academic background overlap with BioE programs as well, and I applied to a mix of both. I have a couple of interview invitations from programs outside of ChemE, so I heard back from them really early. It's making waiting for my ChemE decisions really frustrating. I haven't heard anything from any of the ChemE programs though, which I'm starting to think is not a good sign...

Edited by XVIIA
Typo

1 hour ago, LonelyPoet1 said:

Does anyone know how Gatech admissions work? I applied to the bioengineering program through ChBE and I am starting to worry since it's getting late into the admission cycle

They haven't notified me but the deadline was in mid-January, so I guess it's okay.