Hey everyone! I have been accepted to both NYU and UChicago so far, and am wondering if I could have insight as far as the areas the schools are located in, and their programs! I am also waiting to hear back from Columbia, and am submitting my UPenn app soon. I have visited both NY and Chicago very recently, but of course the tourist perspective is different than the resident perspective. There are several pros and cons for each of my acceptances thus far, however the pros and cons of each don't quite overlap (in my opinion).

NYU: Lots of familial/peer support, program seems more focused on my direct interests, tons of things to do in the area, gave my $17,000 a year

UChicago: Rank, not as much familial support, gave me $25,900 a year, beautiful city with a lot to do, not as expensive. 

As I mentioned, I am still waiting from Columbia, however I know a few people who were accepted last school year who received full tuition scholarships, so I'm hopeful that I'd get some sort of money from them too? As you all can tell, I am at a weird crossroads, so I'd appreciate any feedback! Thank you you all so much!!

I would think about where you want to work after graduation, since social work students seem more likely to stay in the region of their graduate school than other grad students. Ironically, the Dean of UChicago's SSA just left to become Dean of NYU's School of Social Work.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys. i need some advice. I am from a small town in Cuba. I came to USA a year ago and i am thinking applying to a msw program. My gpa is not good, 2.68, i know is bad, but i have a rough live. I took the gre my verbal was accpetable 154 and my quantitative was 150, i dont know if this is enough to apply to a good program. i have good recommendation letters, work experience working with communities with needs in Cuba and i made conferences in the USA talking about Cuban social problems. I am really into a social work path, i want to help other people like me. So, any advice should be great. I was thinking apply to NYU, but i think it will impossible to me to get in there, they require 3.0 gpa minimum. Any help? Any success story with a low gpa getting into a msw program?