Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

10 hours ago, doctormelody said:

I think you’re right. I just wish I knew what the date they’ve given people to reply by was... you think April 15th is a good bet?

I think they are waiting on responses too. Also, after I told Fordham that I was waiting on other schools/financial aid, they extended the deadline for me to April 20th so perhaps they know something that we don't? April 15th would be great ... it's so close!

1 hour ago, doctormelody said:

Mine is a lot better now that I’m off work! Although on the plus side, it is very motivating... here’s to going to grad school and hopefully never having to do physical labor again! ?

I already work in the field of SW and I can easily say that I have done physical labor frequently, e.g. carrying crazy-heavy tables across the street because my agency is not very forward thinking (I'm 5ft tall and contain zero muscle) all in a days work!

33 minutes ago, Holli82 said:

I already work in the field of SW and I can easily say that I have done physical labor frequently, e.g. carrying crazy-heavy tables across the street because my agency is not very forward thinking (I'm 5ft tall and contain zero muscle) all in a days work!

Yeah, I was just kidding. I know there’s some of that involved in every job. I just don’t want it to be the main thing I’m doing, ya know?

40 minutes ago, Holli82 said:

I think they are waiting on responses too. Also, after I told Fordham that I was waiting on other schools/financial aid, they extended the deadline for me to April 20th so perhaps they know something that we don't? April 15th would be great ... it's so close!

Hmm, that is super interesting! I guess we’ll know by next week whether that theory holds up!

20 hours ago, doctormelody said:

Yeah, I was just kidding. I know there’s some of that involved in every job. I just don’t want it to be the main thing I’m doing, ya know?

Hmm, that is super interesting! I guess we’ll know by next week whether that theory holds up!

Ugh it's sooooo crazy

9 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

Nothing!

Has everyone from priority heard?

Nothing for me either.

I think all the priority folks on this thread at least have heard back, although I’m not *quite* obsessed enough to have kept an exact tally, haha.

Not to jinx it, but I’m betting on next week, for real. I think the April 15th theory makes sense, although tbh Idk why they wouldn’t just waitlist us if we were otherwise qualified and they ran out of spots... does anyone have any insight on that one?

I declined Fordham's acceptance. Columbia is taking forever and i don't think I'm gunna end up there. I think either way I'm gunna stick with University at Buffalo the price + quality is too good. Columbia would have to make me a very good offer and right now I'm unimpressed with their admissions department not a good impression 

15 minutes ago, Moonlight008 said:

I feel like I’m missing something on the account page ? it still doesn’t give me any update. 

Maybe not. I got an email... at the very top of my app, it said “Status update” then a link “View Update”

Maybe yours just hadn’t updated yet!

Edited by Chebrutta

5 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOOOOOOOU ???

Thank you so much!!! My hands are shaking as I type this. I'm honestly worried it's some kind of mistake - didn't that happen with their graduate schools a few years ago?

Holy crap, this is so wild. I am completely dumbfounded.

32 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Thank you so much!!! My hands are shaking as I type this. I'm honestly worried it's some kind of mistake - didn't that happen with their graduate schools a few years ago?

Holy crap, this is so wild. I am completely dumbfounded.

THIS IS THE BEST SOAK IT IN!!!

46 minutes ago, ItsnevertooLATE said:

I am so happy for you congratulations 

7 minutes ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

IM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! 

36 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

THIS IS THE BEST SOAK IT IN!!!

Thank you so much, all! @Chebrutta I’m sorry it wasn’t the result you were hoping for, but it sounds like you’ve got a good thing going at NYU. Oh man. Thank you all so much for keeping me sane throughout this process, for real. <3 It was truly beginning to feel like it would never end...

OMG!!!! I got in! My hands are literally shaking and my heart beat are like 160 when I saw the email and open/scroll the link. My neighbors probably thought I am crazy(I screamed pretty loud). I thought I totally bomb my interview on 2/28. Never thought I would got in the first place. There is time where I really doubt myself and give up hoping the next day is the day. It is a miracle; NYC here I come. XD Good luck to those who are still waiting. All the best to those are waitlisted.

27 minutes ago, Qwerty65 said:

OMG!!!! I got in! My hands are literally shaking and my heart beat are like 160 when I saw the email and open/scroll the link. My neighbors probably thought I am crazy(I screamed pretty loud). I thought I totally bomb my interview on 2/28. Never thought I would got in the first place. There is time where I really doubt myself and give up hoping the next day is the day. It is a miracle; NYC here I come. XD Good luck to those who are still waiting. All the best to those are waitlisted.

YAY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

1 hour ago, doctormelody said:

Thank you so much, all! @Chebrutta I’m sorry it wasn’t the result you were hoping for, but it sounds like you’ve got a good thing going at NYU. Oh man. Thank you all so much for keeping me sane throughout this process, for real. <3 It was truly beginning to feel like it would never end...

Girl, I GOT you!! It was truly my pleasure!