Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

19 hours ago, doctormelody said:

AHHH, CONGRATS!!! ??? And it’s their loss for taking so long to get back to you, honestly... if NYU is a better financial option, I’d 100% go for it since you’ll have basically the same opportunities as far as networking/field placements, etc. I forget, are you policy or clinical?

Thanks! I’m clinical.

Haha, I thought I was done with this roller coaster! Now I get to sit back and wait again!

On 5/7/2018 at 1:13 PM, MSW2018?? said:

Hi Everyone, I noticed that this thread slowed down. Does anyone mind posting what they received for their financial aid package? Please specify per semester. I am in the full-time 2 year online program, and got 9,000 scholarship aid per semester, 18,000 per year. I want to know if this is average or low. Any responses would be helpful. 

I received 7.5k per semester, 15,000 per year. I think you have the most so far based on what I've seen.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, Chebrutta said:

Thanks! I’m clinical.

Haha, I thought I was done with this roller coaster! Now I get to sit back and wait again!

Congrats on your acceptance to Columbia!!!! I know you’re pretty set on NYU but if you change your mind, let me know!

Edited by Kat_MSW2018

Those of you doing the online program (or any program really), have you heard back about your field placement yet? I submitted mine a little over 2 weeks ago and I figure it takes some time for them to locate an appropriate place for us. Just curious ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Was wondering if anyone here applied to Columbia's MSW program. If so, would anyone be willing to share what the instructions or questions were for recommenders regarding the letter of recommendation? Not sure if instructions for recommenders change year to year, but I think it's consistent year to year. I want to give my recommenders a head start and give them enough time to write a letter of recommendation. I just need to tell them what they need to write about. Many thanks!

-BSWTOMSW2020