tmoney611

Question

I currently am graduating with a B.S. in Computational and applied mathematics. I concentrated in statistics and have a minor in it,  but am only also a class different from a Statistics B.S. as well. I took a class in mathematics of large data and it concentrated in Laplace and Fourier  transformations of data, such as signals within pictures, voice and speaker recognition, and wavelets JPEG. I absolutely loved it. I was wondering what I should do now? 

I have heard that mathematicians can go to grad school for electrical engineering and not be behind if they are going to focus on signals and processing, which is what I would be doing, but am wondering how feasible it is?  I know for a fact that mathematicians transition into systems engineering flawlessly since graduate school of systems engineering is mathematics of processes. However, I know a masters in applied mathematics would also open doors to different worlds, but normally lead to different kinds of jobs than my dream job. 

Other than that, should I just finish a bachelors degree in electrical engineering? I do not think would be more beneficial but I thought I would ask that as well. 

any advise would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks,

Tom

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet