University of Houston, and Texas Tech

22 hours ago, lbh33 said:

I heard back from Tech for an interview on Jan 29th and applied late December. I went in last week for it, they have an awesome program! Good luck! 

Thank you! Good luck to you too, I hope you hear good news soon! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats??

19 hours ago, hopefullyslp2be said:

Thank you! Good luck to you too, I hope you hear good news soon! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats??

Yeah
out of field GPA 3.3 
CSD post-bacc GPA 4.0
Verbal 156
Quant 151
AWA 5.0 

so, not what I consider the best and I was super happy to get an interview lol 

Edited by lbh33

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm applying to Houston, as well. Still haven't heard anything. I'm applying from out of state but is there anything about the program that y'all really enjoy about it? If I'm accepted, I definitely want to visit but I just wanted to know what you guys thought. Good luck to all!

35 minutes ago, speechpathbound said:

Hi! I'm applying to Houston, as well. Still haven't heard anything. I'm applying from out of state but is there anything about the program that y'all really enjoy about it? If I'm accepted, I definitely want to visit but I just wanted to know what you guys thought. Good luck to all!

on Houston's website it says decisions will be mailed out on March 15th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I am currently in undergrad at the University of Houston. Admissions should be sent out during Spring break(according to our advisor). My friend got his today, and I am still waiting to hear back. I hear they come in waves! Good luck!

@SA13 I had some questions I was hoping you could answer since you probably know a lot more about the program! 

1. How many people are in the cohort?

2. How many students in the cohort come from out-of-state? 

3. Do you know any specific places U of H does their internship/practicum placements? My biggest draw to the school is knowing that it's in a city with such fantastic hospitals like Houston! I was wondering if U of H has contracts with those places.

Thank you and best of luck!! 

On 3/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, SA13 said:

Hi there! I am currently in undergrad at the University of Houston. Admissions should be sent out during Spring break(according to our advisor). My friend got his today, and I am still waiting to hear back. I hear they come in waves! Good luck!

Thank you, I found out during spring break. Good luck to you :) By a chance, have you heard of applicants getting off the waitlist and receiving a spot? 

9 hours ago, hopefullyslp2be said:

Thank you, I found out during spring break. Good luck to you :) By a chance, have you heard of applicants getting off the waitlist and receiving a spot? 

ALL. THE. TIME. Remember, us applicants usually apply to a couple of schools and may not commit to that school. After April15th, the program will know how many student accepted their offer of admission. For those who do not, they pull people from the waiting list! No worries! Waiting list is not a rejection! Good luck!

14 hours ago, SA13 said:

ALL. THE. TIME. Remember, us applicants usually apply to a couple of schools and may not commit to that school. After April15th, the program will know how many student accepted their offer of admission. For those who do not, they pull people from the waiting list! No worries! Waiting list is not a rejection! Good luck!

Thank you so much for the insight! Should I email them how far along I am in the waitlist??

3 hours ago, hopefullyslp2be said:

Thank you so much for the insight! Should I email them how far along I am in the waitlist??

You are very welcome! You could try, but usually they don't disclose your ranking. They just call people up as they come. I'm sure you will be fine! Where else did you apply to? Are you from the Houston area?

50 minutes ago, SA13 said:

You are very welcome! You could try, but usually they don't disclose your ranking. They just call people up as they come. I'm sure you will be fine! Where else did you apply to? Are you from the Houston area?

I will just wait to hear back. I applied to 5 schools (not that many I know), UT Dallas, UT, Tech, UH and UNT! You? No, I live in the Dallas area. I am doing my undergrad at UTD. :)

16 hours ago, hopefullyslp2be said:

I will just wait to hear back. I applied to 5 schools (not that many I know), UT Dallas, UT, Tech, UH and UNT! You? No, I live in the Dallas area. I am doing my undergrad at UTD. :)

I hope you hear back soon! I only applied to five schools as well (university of Iowa, UH, Lamar, SFA, TxState) I heard UTD is a great program! Good luck to you! 

• 1 year later...