CSU Counseling Programs - Admissions

anxietea

Has anyone gotten interviews or admission decisions from any of the Cal State Counseling programs?

If you have applied in previous years when did you hear back?

CSUN - MFT Program - I applied in Jan, got an interview email on 1/30, and interviewed on 2/7. The interview email said that "selection letters will be mailed by May 1st" but I am realllly hoping to get an answer before then. :unsure:

Thanks so much & good luck to everyone! 

Edited by anxietea

• 3 weeks later...

I interviewed at CSUN for MFT on 2/6/18 and I haven't heard anything since! im going crazy. i just called the department and the girl said you should know whether you've been accepted or denied by now, since the letters were sent out last thurs, (which would be 2/22), she said to call back if I haven't received anything via mail by Tuesday! My portal still says "applicant" however it does say that I need to turn in official transcripts and lists the schools they need them from... 

Im hoping that my acceptance letter got lost in the mail, OR that I am least waitlisted and they're waiting for some students to turn down the admissions. I would have thought even with waitlist that I would have received a letter saying something, either way. trying to be positive/hopeful and not stress too much before i have to!

have you ladies heard anything back yet???

On 3/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, Impatient_CA said:

I interviewed at CSUN for MFT on 2/6/18 and I haven't heard anything since! im going crazy. i just called the department and the girl said you should know whether you've been accepted or denied by now, since the letters were sent out last thurs, (which would be 2/22), she said to call back if I haven't received anything via mail by Tuesday! My portal still says "applicant" however it does say that I need to turn in official transcripts and lists the schools they need them from... 

Im hoping that my acceptance letter got lost in the mail, OR that I am least waitlisted and they're waiting for some students to turn down the admissions. I would have thought even with waitlist that I would have received a letter saying something, either way. trying to be positive/hopeful and not stress too much before i have to!

have you ladies heard anything back yet???

Hi Impatient_CA, 

Agggggh I am so sorry! 

I don't know if they mailed all of the letters out on the same day. I slacked on checking my mail, but I did receive my acceptance in the mail. I also saw that someone on Instagram got their letter 6 days ago. It definitely sounds to me like your letter got lost in the mail!

The letter I got was a letter for both accepted and waitlisted. It said if you were accepted you were in group 1, and if you were waitlisted you were in group 2. If you were in group 1 you are supposed to mail back an acceptance or rejection by April 1st. 

My portal also still says that my status is "Applicant" (maybe they do not change this until you accept the admissions offer?). My portal also still says that I have transcripts missing, even though I have sent them twice, so I am wondering if they are behind on adding them in?

I am so sorry that you have not gotten a letter! It really sounds like it got lost, so hopefully, you can call on Monday or Tuesday and get some answers! 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:55 PM, Kaela said:

Hello,

I have received an interview from CSUDH, CSULA, and Cal Poly SLO.  I still waiting for two schools to let me know.  Did you apply anywhere else?

Hi Kaela, 

I did not apply anywhere else, but my friend applied to CSULA's MFT Program and interviewed at the beginning of Feb. Have you heard anything from them?

On 3/5/2018 at 3:52 PM, Impatient_CA said:

following up: I finally received my acceptance letter! just had to share!!!! xoxo 

Congrats!!!  I did have an interview at CSULA and haven't heard back.  They said their process takes two weeks after all the interviews conclude.  I did hear back from CSUDH and I have been accepted.   It's nice to know I'm at least going to graduate school!

On 3/8/2018 at 3:49 PM, Kaela said:

Congrats!!!  I did have an interview at CSULA and haven't heard back.  They said their process takes two weeks after all the interviews conclude.  I did hear back from CSUDH and I have been accepted.   It's nice to know I'm at least going to graduate school!

Hi Kaela, 

My friend that applied to CSULA's MFT program saw that she was accepted via her portal, but did not get an email. Have you checked your portal?

Hi all!
Late to the game here but I thought I'd see if anyone applied to CSUs in the Bay Area.  SF State is my top choice but I'm not sure when I'll hear back from them.  Sonoma just accepted me and wants an answer by 4/3, so I'm a bit anxious now because of their deadline.

My schools are:

• SFSU - Waiting
  • Sonoma State - Accepted on 3/9
  • CSU East Bay