SLP Denied Acceptance/Acceptance Q's

Hi yall!

I was wondering if you knew if schools just "didn't let you know" if you were accepted or not. I'm just curious if I would get an email of denial or do they just not reach out to you? 

Also -- if any of you have heard back from these schools please let me know :)

LSU-BR, U of Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TWU, Abilene Christian, U of Tenn - Knox.

When I was denied from schools most of the time they would send an email or a letter in the mail stating that I was denied. However I had about 5 schools that just didn't let me know. At that point I was already accepted into multiple programs and had secured my spot but still common courtesy would have been nice. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysaFalcon said:

When I was denied from schools most of the time they would send an email or a letter in the mail stating that I was denied. However I had about 5 schools that just didn't let me know. At that point I was already accepted into multiple programs and had secured my spot but still common courtesy would have been nice. 

That's terrible that they did not even tell you! With all of the application fees, everyone deserves a response. 

I would hope they all get back to us. We pay so much for the application fees, both CSDCAS and the supplementals, not to mention sending GRE scores and transcripts and all those fees! We deserve a response, whether it's positive or negative. I will be very angry if any schools don't send a letter/email or anything. It's just not right.

I can’t speak for the other schools, but Oklahoma State was very good about communication. They notified me when I was chosen for an interview and then three days after the interview emailed me to let me know that I was waitlisted. I requested to be removed from the waitlist and then sometime in April they emailed me to let me know that all spots had been filled. I was very impressed with the way they kept everyone in the loop! One of the other schools I applied to only gave me a 4 sentence email to let me know that I hadn’t been accepted.