USC or UCI

For what field? I personally enjoy Irvine's campus a lot more. Irvine is a nice city, pretty far away from the downtown LA pollution, has great food, and is very safe. USC's neighborhood is notorious for crime so that's something to keep in mind. But as a private school, USC has more money.

Irvine has no one I'd like to work with.

6 minutes ago, lordtiandao said:

For what field? I personally enjoy Irvine's campus a lot more. Irvine is a nice city, pretty far away from the downtown LA pollution, has great food, and is very safe. USC's neighborhood is notorious for crime so that's something to keep in mind. But as a private school, USC has more money.

Irvine has no one I'd like to work with.

i see.... my area is CS

so you actually prefer UCI > USC lol :)

USC is interesting in that the campus is located in a not so great area but it has that prep feel to it, I live about 20 minutes away from SC and used to drive past it every day for work for about 2 or 3 years. UCI is all prep all the time. I personally didn't apply to UCI in my field (Crim) because I dislike Irvine (school and area) because of it's air of pretentiousness but I also didn't apply to any CA schools because I wanted a change of scenery. With all that said, gun to my head...UCI > USC.

Edited by Mopar18

6 minutes ago, Mopar18 said:

USC is interesting in that the campus is located in a not so great area but it has that prep feel to it, I live about 20 minutes away from SC and used to drive past it every day for work for about 2 or 3 years. UCI is all prep all the time. I personally didn't apply to UCI in my field (Crim) because I dislike Irvine (school and area) because of it's air of pretentiousness but I also didn't apply to any CA schools because I wanted a change of scenery. With all that said, gun to my head...UCI > USC.

good point... i suppose USC's pretentiousness is greater than UCI? what do you think?

9 minutes ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

good point... i suppose USC's pretentiousness is greater than UCI? what do you think?

School wise....they're about equal I would say. Community wise, USC is in South LA so not quite.