Prof said I have a good chance, do I?

kulimer

I went to talk to two professors at the dept I am applying masters for. I told them a bit about the classes I took and the school I am from.

Without knowing my GRE score or GPA, they both told me I have a good chance, probably will get in. One of them wrote down my name(Does that help?).

They said they know my school and my prof very well. Told me not to worry.

Should I really trust their words? Are they just making me happy? What do you think?

Edited by kulimer

I dont quite understand your post. I dont know why they would tell you that without knowing your GPA or GRE scores. For all they know, you could have failed the classes you told them you took. Maybe some key words set them off, like you telling them what classes you took and that you said you did well in them. So I guess I would take their word for it as they know more about the situation then we do.

HEY!

kman3201, thanks for asking. I told them the list of classes I took, and I got A in a few key classes, while B/B+ average in the rest. I guess they aren't trying to sweet talk me, huh?

:unsure:

Edit: maybe they just wanted more application for the money, and more applicants to pick from. I think better of them than that, but we never know.

Edited by kulimer

You can't count on what they said, but it's a good sign. I don't think it helps professors at all for there to be more application fees paid, so I wouldn't worry about that. But until you get an actual formal acceptance there is no telling.