Indiana University: School of Education- Literacy Culture Language

desesperee

Has anyone heard from the Indiana University's Department of Education?  I know they offer several degrees. I have applied for the EdD Literacy, Culture, Language Education online. Applications were due January 15 though, mine was in December 5th. 

Should the acceptances go out at the same time for PhD and EdD in the same department? It seems like they would. I have not seen anything on the board yet for this year and a year ago they went out on the 13th.  I am also unsure about the possibility of funding for an EdD. I would assume that's a no and they would be happy to accept my fully qualified monies. 

I have tried to be patient, but honestly since February 15th my patience has worn. Its frustrating. There are not a lot of distance programs for an EdD that fit my needs as an educator. I teach in Georgia and Georgia Professional Standards has to approve programs for advancement and they will not approve a Curriculum and Instruction EdD  as a new field unless that is a field in the state where the program is located. I really want something that fits my interests and current context. My masters is in Applied Linguistics, I teach French in the IB program. The Indiana program seems to combine everything. Although, I have had some communication issues.  Hoping for positive answers soon. 

Thanks for reading. 

Good evening!  I applied for the same online EdD program.  I've been desperately checking my E-mail multiple times a day, but, like you, have yet to hear back.  While I can't answer any of your questions, it is nice to know that there's someone else out there who is just as impatient as I am.  

Yay! I am happy to see someone else for the same program.  The few questions I had during the application process, I found they were a little slow to respond. Part of me wants to send an email to ask for an update as to when we may know and the other part says by the time they respond, I'll have an answer anyway. I keep going back and forth. Have you applied anywhere else? 

I know how you feel! I keep wanting to send an E-mail for an update as well.  I noticed that the application for a lot of the Masters programs in the School of Education are due March 1st, so hopefully we will hear something this week?  I haven't applied anywhere else, as there aren't very many online doctoral programs in this field.  How about you?

You are right.  I haven't seen any other programs that specify language or linguistics in their EdD. University of Florida has an awesome Curriculum and Teaching EdD where they explain your class room will become your laboratory. I loved the sound of that, but Georgia Professional Standards would not approve the program for me because there is nothing about language in the title of the degree or for a new field because curriculum is not a field in Florida. I am not sure how many applicants Indiana has since this is a newer program. I tried emailing a current student but did not receive a response. This is it for me. Hopefully, you are right about hearing something this week, but... who knows.