UC Davis Education Ph.D 2018

ViveLaRevolution

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone else is applying for this program. We don't have much of a presence on the results page over the past 8 years so I was just curious to know if anyone else had applied this season?

I haven't heard a peep from Davis, but two rejections supposedly happened in early Feb. Also, compared to previous years it appears that decisions are coming out later than usual? 

Hopefully, decisions haven't gone out yet, but I guess it's possible that they forgot to reject me. D:

Edited by ViveLaRevolution

I haven't heard back from them yet either... Remember their applications were due like 12/15 but then they extended it a few days since their application had problems or something? So if the bulk of the schools that were due on 12/1 are just getting their decisions out, then I'm not surprised that they haven't released their decisions yet.... Is what I think ?

Well, now I regret asking. Received my rejection letter stating the reason:  

• No additional space available in the graduate program for this admissions cycle.

I don't even know what this means. This was the only program I had any interest in applying to for both personal and academic reasons. Yet, I can't improve anything for next year with such a generic rejection reason.

Should I ask the program coordinator via e-mail for more details regarding my rejection or is that kind of request viewed as bitter/annoying?