Philosophy Admissions 2018 Google Doc (color coded like last year's phil admissions website)

MtnDuck

I put this is a post earlier and realized it'll just get buried so here's take two :) 

Given that the old wordpress site from last year isn't being updated I've created a google doc that consolidates the acceptance, waitlist, and rejection information for PhD and Master's programs. I'm probably missing some from both still though.

You can view the google doc here and comment if anything seems wrong/is missing.

Edited by MtnDuck

26 minutes ago, shadowyBeing said:

British Columbia has released acceptances and rejections for both their Phd and MA programs. 

Also, I'm curious why some fields are colored with no date, while others are not colored without a date. Any clarification would be helpful. 

Thanks for putting this together. 

Looks like I already made a few mistakes. Thanks for catching them! I've fixed the entry for Colorado State (only know of rejections, no info about acceptances yet) and Brown (they did send acceptances out and I forgot to put the date in the doc).

If it's colored green without a date then it was a mistake (mea culpa). If it's colored yellow/red and there's no date in the B column that's because I'm waiting for the acceptances to come out since at the end of the cycle I want to put in columns of past years so folks can better predict when things might come out for next year. If nothing is colored at all then the school hasn't sent out anything (that I know of).

Thanks for letting me know about British Columbia!

do we count saint louis as a january 30. they didn't start releasing them until yesterday. that one student was an isolated student. probably a fellowship. I owuld hate for studtents in 2019 to be checking their email and looking for something from them that early. their application wasn't even closed until February 15.

29 minutes ago, Neither Here Nor There said:

do we count saint louis as a january 30. they didn't start releasing them until yesterday. that one student was an isolated student. probably a fellowship. I owuld hate for studtents in 2019 to be checking their email and looking for something from them that early. their application wasn't even closed until February 15.

I'll put that in brackets and add in the more accurate date. Thanks!

I've added a second page to the document with a consolidated list of when acceptances were released for the 2015-2017 admissions cycles. A number of dates are missing but this might help folks who are trying to guesstimate when things will be released.

Edited by MtnDuck

We, 2018/2019 applicants, may not appreciate the value of this document, though 2019/2020 applicants will surely do. For this, I propose that this be pinned to the top of the philosophy subforum.

Edited by quinessloopypun

20 hours ago, quinessloopypun said:

We, 2018/2019 applicants, may not appreciate the value of this document, though 2019/2020 applicants will surely do. For this, I propose that this be pinned to the top of the philosophy subforum.

Whatever folks think best. If I get bored (I probably will) I might go back and add a few more data points (e.g., x school does interviews now, etc.) since some things seem good to know about ahead of time.

I'm on spring break this week so there are going to be delays in getting the spread sheet updated.
If folks know that something came out always feel free to leave a comment on the doc since I update based on those as well.