Not Sure if School is Paying Visit

Thursday night I was invited to visit UT Arlington (Dallas) during their student led conference. I responded and said something similar to "yes I'd love to come- please let me know what I can do"

Friday night they confirmed that I live in Alabama, and I said yes. I haven't heard anything back yet. And it is now the weekend.

The visit is in less than a week. And I still don't know if they are paying for housing, food and/or travel, or if I should. At this point, I'm freaking out. I don't have $600 to fly and would rather not spend a full day driving. 

Is it normal for a phd program to pay for travel? Should I send a second email and just be direct and ask? I don't want to be pushy. But I do want to start preparing, and if they aren't paying, I'll need some time to try and come up with money or rearrange my schedule so I can drive.

Thanks!

Yes, be direct and ask. If they say they cannot pay, let them know that you cannot visit without funding at this time. Sometimes that opens up other funding, but sometimes it doesn't. If you can afford to visit at a later date and are willing to do that, then let them know about it after they confirm there is no funding.

Directly ask about funding now.  I didn't and I had a miscommunication over flying/driving to a visit.  Another thing is you will need some way to get from the DFW airport to Arlington.  I am from the area originally and there really isn't public transportation from the airport to Arlington (unless something has changed very recently) and depending on traffic it will be about a 30 to 45 minute trip.