McMaster email issue

Maya584

Question

Hi everyone I have applied to McMaster for a masters in psychology  and recently when I was checking my status I saw that they have issued me a McMaster email address but I don't know how to access it to see if they have sent me any emails through there. After submitting my documents I did get a confirmation email using the email address I wrote in my application and in the letter it said that they would use the email address I gave them as my primary contact but on the portal it doesn't have that email it only has the one McMaster issued me. Can someone help let me know how to access it thanks!

Also my application still says incomplete even though all the documents have been submitted and have the status of "initiated" on them, is that concerning because the deadline for the application was Dec, 1st I believe. I have heard that this is something McMaster does as they only switch between incomplete to complete when they have made a decision but if anyone could confirm this it would be great. 

If anyone could provide any insight it would be much appreciated thanks!

2 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, Maya584 said:

Hi everyone I have applied to McMaster for a masters in psychology  and recently when I was checking my status I saw that they have issued me a McMaster email address but I don't know how to access it to see if they have sent me any emails through there. After submitting my documents I did get a confirmation email using the email address I wrote in my application and in the letter it said that they would use the email address I gave them as my primary contact but on the portal it doesn't have that email it only has the one McMaster issued me. Can someone help let me know how to access it thanks!

Also my application still says incomplete even though all the documents have been submitted and have the status of "initiated" on them, is that concerning because the deadline for the application was Dec, 1st I believe. I have heard that this is something McMaster does as they only switch between incomplete to complete when they have made a decision but if anyone could confirm this it would be great. 

If anyone could provide any insight it would be much appreciated thanks!

Hi, 

They don't use your McMaster email that is just auto-generated. You should as I have get an email to the email address you provided on your application form.  Also, all your documents will say "initiated" until they graduate program manually switches to "complete". However, I am not aware of mine ever saying "incomplete" on the actual site so you should maybe email the graduate coordinator of your program. 

Hope that helps,

best

4 hours ago, Xenia2191 said:

Hi, 

They don't use your McMaster email that is just auto-generated. You should as I have get an email to the email address you provided on your application form.  Also, all your documents will say "initiated" until they graduate program manually switches to "complete". However, I am not aware of mine ever saying "incomplete" on the actual site so you should maybe email the graduate coordinator of your program. 

Hope that helps,

best

First of all thanks for the response I feel a little relieved now. I did get an email from them using the email address I provided them on the form. Under the status of my application it says pending but when I click on the application all of my documents have "initiated" on them, but still near the top it says "this application is incomplete". Like you said it does mention that the graduate program manually switches it to complete once they go over it, but I think I will email them just to be sure.