When is it appropriate to reach out to the program post-interview?

starburst

Hi all ! I interviewed at a program on Feb 9th for UNC Chapel Hill - has anyone heard back post interview and if so, have you heard back from your POI?

In general, I was just wondering how long it is appropriate to wait to reach out to a POI to ask if they've made a decision, or even how to broach that discussion. Thanks :')

Asked and answered already. 

Unless you are holding onto an offer you’d turn down if unc offered you a spot, you just should wait. If you do have another offer, inquiring about your status is quite reasonable if you do so politely. 

If you really need to know, email the program coordinator and not the POI (unless the poi said they would be in touch with you).

16 minutes ago, Clinapp2017 said:

Unless you are holding onto an offer you’d turn down if unc offered you a spot, you just should wait. If you do have another offer, inquiring about your status is quite reasonable if you do so politely. 

If you really need to know, email the program coordinator and not the POI (unless the poi said they would be in touch with you).

Thanks! I don't usually post on gradcafe so I didn't look around a ton - probably would have been helpful. Really appreciate it. :)

22 hours ago, Clinapp2017 said:

Is this appropriate to do even if the interview was only a few weeks ago? Im in a bit of an odd situation where I have outstanding acceptances but haven't heard back from a program that has a bit of a tedious funding process, though it is my top choice. I think it will reflect poorly on me to reach out at this time because I am aware that the process is daunting, but it's also not clear to me if Im the top choice vs. an alternate. Im hoping to really hold out through the end of maybe this week or middle of next week but am not sure if anyone has further insight on what would be appropriate

4 hours ago, Timemachines said:

Is this appropriate to do even if the interview was only a few weeks ago? Im in a bit of an odd situation where I have outstanding acceptances but haven't heard back from a program that has a bit of a tedious funding process, though it is my top choice. I think it will reflect poorly on me to reach out at this time because I am aware that the process is daunting, but it's also not clear to me if Im the top choice vs. an alternate. Im hoping to really hold out through the end of maybe this week or middle of next week but am not sure if anyone has further insight on what would be appropriate

Hmmmm... that is tough. I would maybe hold off until early-to-mid March. It sounds like you are in a good place with some good acceptances already on the table, but it is challenging to navigate the situation you are in. I would not show your cards just yet, to use a poker term. :) 

12 hours ago, Clinapp2017 said:

Hmmmm... that is tough. I would maybe hold off until early-to-mid March. It sounds like you are in a good place with some good acceptances already on the table, but it is challenging to navigate the situation you are in. I would not show your cards just yet, to use a poker term. :) 

Thank you!!