3 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

On the portal where it shows acceptance there's a financial aid section. It said notifications will be sent out towards the end of March.

Sorry, I lied (blaming sleep deprivation). You should have received an email with a link to a financial aid portal--login and pin number provided in the email. 

Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a GA position.

Hey everyone! Unfortunately, UVM is terribly overpriced. I attended my undergrad their, but in my opinion they seem to care more about making a profit than caring/funding students who want to attend. Check out the Waterman sit-in, and faculty union protest of the declining quality of education due to staff cuts. It's too bad because it has the potential to be a great school, but I believe the administration is tarnishing it. I don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but it is your right to know!

Edited by GregSl22

19 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

Sorry, I lied (blaming sleep deprivation). You should have received an email with a link to a financial aid portal--login and pin number provided in the email. 

Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a GA position.

When did you receive this email? I haven't heard anything back about it yet and I just checked my emails to confirm but I never received an email about financial aid....

59 minutes ago, SLPhopeful129 said:

When did you receive this email? I haven't heard anything back about it yet and I just checked my emails to confirm but I never received an email about financial aid....

I got it the same day I received the congratulatory acceptance letter, on Feb. 7th. The subject line reads "2018-2019 FAFSA received". Did you wait to submit the FAFSA? If not, it might be good to call and make sure they have it.

21 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

I got it the same day I received the congratulatory acceptance letter, on Feb. 7th. The subject line reads "2018-2019 FAFSA received". Did you wait to submit the FAFSA? If not, it might be good to call and make sure they have it.

I just received the email from them this morning since I submitted my FAFSA a few days ago! Thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, emck09 said:

Has anybody committed to UVM's program yet?

No, but I'm leaning towards it (especially since I haven't heard from NYU's online program yet). I'm getting kind of excited about life in Burlington--aside from the winters and the cost of living.

On another note, I received an email from UVM today letting me know about open houses for admitted students--on Feb. 16 and March 23. I don't have enough notice to request Friday off from work, and I sadly have not (yet) developed time travel. Maybe someone in admissions screwed up and forgot to send the emails out six weeks ago. Or I'm in a freaky time warp...

I've been to Burlington before, but only driven by UVM. I'm planning on going in a couple weeks to get a better feel for it.

20 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

No, but I'm leaning towards it (especially since I haven't heard from NYU's online program yet). I'm getting kind of excited about life in Burlington--aside from the winters and the cost of living.

On another note, I received an email from UVM today letting me know about open houses for admitted students--on Feb. 16 and March 23. I don't have enough notice to request Friday off from work, and I sadly have not (yet) developed time travel. Maybe someone in admissions screwed up and forgot to send the emails out six weeks ago. Or I'm in a freaky time warp...

I've been to Burlington before, but only driven by UVM. I'm planning on going in a couple weeks to get a better feel for it.

Hello! 

I received that email as well but it was a duplicate from the one they had sent out last month or something. I know I received an email for an open house sometime last month. I will be attending that this Friday but I have yet to commit. I just got an acceptance from Hofstra.

On a side note, does anyone know if a group Facebook for the incoming class has been made yet? Although I haven't committed yet, I'm leaning towards it at the moment and will be looking for roommate(s).

18 hours ago, SLPhopeful129 said:

Hello! 

I received that email as well but it was a duplicate from the one they had sent out last month or something. I know I received an email for an open house sometime last month. I will be attending that this Friday but I have yet to commit. I just got an acceptance from Hofstra.

On a side note, does anyone know if a group Facebook for the incoming class has been made yet? Although I haven't committed yet, I'm leaning towards it at the moment and will be looking for roommate(s).

Im not sure if a Facebook page has been made yet since a lot of people are still deciding but Im hoping it is made soon because I am in the same predicament. I would attempt to create the group myself but would have no idea who to add.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 7:31 AM, hmbanana93 said:

Hello everyone! 

I was wondering if those who have been accepted to the University of Vermont have been notified that they received a scholarship? 

Thanks! 

I was just offered a 15,000 scholarship yesterday, so it looks like financial decisions are finally being offered. It looks like funding is in somewhat short supply--they told me yesterday when I visited that there is no dedicated funding for TA/RE positions, and I was in the top ten list for funding, so some people probably won't get much. I'm definitely excited to be getting something, but as an out of state student I'll still be taking out some hefty loans.

• 2 weeks later...