While we wait: How are you managing your anxiety?

In the words of Homer Simpson, "the waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!"

I don't know about you all, but the waiting game is making me absolutely insane!!! I'm the living definition of a basket case over here. What do you all do to ease that feeling of your chest exploding with tension? :blink: I've been making sure to get regular exercise and good sleep, but I'm curious to know how you all are dealing with the anxiety! :) 

My class load of 4 major-required classes keeps me too busy to worry :D jk mostly I just check and recheck all my portals on the daily lol

I'm trying to channel all my energy into things I didn't have time for last year with volunteering/apps/school/etc. I took up hand lettering and watercolor this month. I'm wrapping up my major coursework this semester and hand lettering my notes has made my study game SO PRETTY. 

If you're losing your mind, reach out! I'll gladly listen and can totally relate. 

1 hour ago, snoves said:

My class load of 4 major-required classes keeps me too busy to worry :D jk mostly I just check and recheck all my portals on the daily lol

Yeah, I'm doing my pre-req classes online and working 50 hours a week, but none of that is keeping me from checking emails/portals/results page far too often. It's gotten to the point where even my zoning-out daydreams at work are all related to grad school. I think I just have to accept that this is how it's going to be for the next 2+ years of my life.

2 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

Yeah, I'm doing my pre-req classes online and working 50 hours a week, but none of that is keeping me from checking emails/portals/results page far too often. It's gotten to the point where even my zoning-out daydreams at work are all related to grad school. I think I just have to accept that this is how it's going to be for the next 2+ years of my life.

Hahaha I feeeel ya. I'm writing a bajillion-pages-required Spanish thesis, working my tutoring jobs, and planning out a ton of NSSLHA junk and I still check the portals every stupid day. I'm also currently on spring break (my spring break is stupid early) which makes it even WORSE because I have nothing distracting me that has to be done RIGHT NOW. Like I KNOW that one of them isn't going to update until March 11th at the earliest and I'm still like "but what if..." :rolleyes: I thought applying was bad, but waiting is SO much worse lol there's nothing we can do anymore so it's like you're stressed but there's no where for the stress to go that's productive!