Hi Everyone!

I have an interview with California Baptist University on Friday and I'm starting to freak out!! Is there anyone that can offer some advice or who has already interviewed with them and can tell me a little bit about how the process went? I just received an email that a writing sample with be taken directly after the interview and and timed writing is not my strong point.

Hey! I can't tell you much about this specific school, but I'm also interviewing Friday :) I've had two interviews already with different schools and they were very different. One was super laid back (why I wanted to be a SLP, why interested in their school, etc.) & the other was a lot of behavioral questions (how you handle stress, how do you deal with confrontation, etc). I would prepare for both types & also have some good stories planned!  I hope this helps! Maybe I'll see you Friday :) Good luck!!

On 3/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, TurboDog15 said:

Hey! I can't tell you much about this specific school, but I'm also interviewing Friday :) I've had two interviews already with different schools and they were very different. One was super laid back (why I wanted to be a SLP, why interested in their school, etc.) & the other was a lot of behavioral questions (how you handle stress, how do you deal with confrontation, etc). I would prepare for both types & also have some good stories planned!  I hope this helps! Maybe I'll see you Friday :) Good luck!!

Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I'm actually interviewing over Skype since I'm currently located in a different state. But good luck to you and let me know how your interview goes :) 

8 hours ago, AL_FutureSLP said:

Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I'm actually interviewing over Skype since I'm currently located in a different state. But good luck to you and let me know how your interview goes :) 

Thank you! Good luck to you as well.. keep me posted! 

20 hours ago, TurboDog15 said:

Just got waitlisted..apparently all notifications are going out by Friday/Monday! Still offers/waitlists to go out :) 

Oh man. That makes me so anxious! Thank you for letting me know! Good luck with everything!

• 1 year later...
On 3/6/2018 at 2:52 PM, AL_SLPclassof2020!! said:

Hi Everyone!

I have an interview with California Baptist University on Friday and I'm starting to freak out!! Is there anyone that can offer some advice or who has already interviewed with them and can tell me a little bit about how the process went? I just received an email that a writing sample with be taken directly after the interview and and timed writing is not my strong point.

Hey! I was wondering how the interview process was like? Thank you!