UC Irvine "being reviewed"

HeisenbergDBAA

Same here, has been like that for over a month. I've seen quite a few accepts, as well as rejects being reported, so don't know what to make of it. If I remember correctly,  it was stated on their website that decisions(+ or -) may arrive as late as May/June, so they are well within that time frame .

One thing that occurred  to me was whether they were going by order of submission, as I had submitted mine quite late. But then someone who submitted on the last day has already heard back, so it gets even more confusing.

I can't help you with your specific case but I applied to UC Irvine last year and my application status remained "being reviewed" until I got my decision (which was after the April 15 deadline).

What happened on my case is that I was on the waitlist, that explains the result coming after April 15, so this might be the case with you too.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, HeisenbergDBAA said:

It is definitely not the order of application submission date..coz I too have seen a lot of admits and rejects to people who applied before and after me.
Any idea as to how "being reviewed" is different from "under review"?

From a google search and from similar forums, "being reviewed" appears to be the next step after "under review", at least for some people who got offers. Your application may turn out like @TheHoff's, so good luck! :)

I went back and checked mine after you pointed out the two possible stages, and mine is still "under review". Again, some of the past trends indicate this may directly transition to rejects.

A lot of schools will do two rounds. For example, top applicants will be taken in the first round, e.g. decisions that you hear about in February. As people start declining these offers, another round of admits will be accepted until the total amount that will be admitted are admitted.

I don't know if this is the case for UCI, but it is the case for a good number of schools.

20 hours ago, TheHoff said:

I can't help you with your specific case but I applied to UC Irvine last year and my application status remained "being reviewed" until I got my decision (which was after the April 15 deadline).

What happened on my case is that I was on the waitlist, that explains the result coming after April 15, so this might be the case with you too.

Good luck!

At the risk of looking pessimistic, by decision...you mean an admit or a reject?