UVA MS Data Science vs. Georgetown MS Analytics

bigdatagirl

I've been accepted to both the University of Virginia's MS in Data Science and Georgetown's MS in Analytics with a focus in Data Science. 

From what I've found, UVA seems to be a higher ranked program for data science but Georgetown is considered more prestigious overall. I'm not sure how much to weigh the benefit of having a degree from Georgetown as for that looking good. It's also hard to find a lot of info on ranking of data science programs, since there's no one good place to look! 

I'm really conflicted between these two and am looking for advice/thoughts people have as well as anyone who is considering these programs or data science/analytics in general!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that UVA will have more optional classes because you can take classes in a bunch of other departments (which are under the Masters umbrella). If you go to faculty, they have a ton of faculty who are offering classes in their own departments and you could go and take those classes.

The Georgetown Masters has almost no faculty and the classes you could take don't give you many options.