Epi MSc

Su123

Hi everyone, I thought I would start a new thread for epidemiology people. Has anyone heard back from schools they've applied to? I applied to western, mcmaster, waterloo and ottawa but haven't heard back from any of them...except for western but only that I am a priority applicant. 

I have gotten accepted by Western and McGill. Last week I was told by Queen's I would be receiving an offer today but I did not receive an email (not sure what happened). Have not heard from Ottawa but I have ruled it out whether I get accepted or not 

13 hours ago, RibMac said:

I have gotten accepted by Western and McGill. Last week I was told by Queen's I would be receiving an offer today but I did not receive an email (not sure what happened). Have not heard from Ottawa but I have ruled it out whether I get accepted or not 

Did Western send you an email that you were accepted or did a supervisor reach out to you?

37 minutes ago, Su123 said:

Did Western send you an email that you were accepted or did a supervisor reach out to you?

I had a phone interview with a supervisor and then they accepted me as a student, and I got an offer email a few days after. I only have a few more days to get back to them and accept/decline

2 hours ago, RibMac said:

I had a phone interview with a supervisor and then they accepted me as a student, and I got an offer email a few days after. I only have a few more days to get back to them and accept/decline

Congratulations that's so great! Have you decided between McGill and Western? Or are going to wait a few days for Queens?

On 2018-03-13 at 12:52 AM, RibMac said:

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to rule out Ottawa? I applied to the epi program as well but don't know too much about the program other than the curriculum. 

11 hours ago, openarms said:

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to rule out Ottawa? I applied to the epi program as well but don't know too much about the program other than the curriculum. 

I applied to that one pretty late notice compared to the other three so applied to the course based program, and rather do a thesis based program. Nothing against Ottawa though - I went on a tour of campus before undergrad and was really impressed!

On 2018-03-13 at 5:50 PM, Su123 said:

Congratulations that's so great! Have you decided between McGill and Western? Or are going to wait a few days for Queens?

Thanks so much! I think I am going to choose McGill over Western. 

• 1 month later...