NSERC PGSD 2018-2019

Roentgenium

Has anyone heard back from NSERC regarding the results of the PGSD competition this year? I'm a direct applicant and haven't heard anything from them since the initial automated email about having received my application... I think last year they emailed the applicants around this time about the decisions so just wondering if others are in the same boat!

I've been forwarded by uAlberta and am eagerly waiting for the results. Based off of the NSERC statistics, it seems like once forwarded you have a ~40% chance of success, so I'm optimistic. I wish I had a few examples of successful applicants so I could see how I stack up! 

19 minutes ago, Roentgenium said:

Maybe they went back to the old method of only informing people by snail-mail?

Hmm would it also be on the portal if they notified you by mail? I've been checking the portal too, to no avail :(

The NSERC 2018-2019 competition presentation at my university says that "Results are announced by email by the end of March". Maybe they are being very literal about that end of March thing?

15 minutes ago, spin_ice said:

Hmm would it also be on the portal if they notified you by mail? I've been checking the portal too, to no avail :(

The NSERC 2018-2019 competition presentation at my university says that "Results are announced by email by the end of March". Maybe they are being very literal about that end of March thing?

It seems portal will not show anything until you accept the award. I still hope the result will come out today:(

2 hours ago, spin_ice said:

I think that's what they say every year, but usually the results are out in the middle of March...

9 minutes ago, spin_ice said:

Oh wow. I asked the scholarship contact at my university when we should expect results and was told not until the end of April! Can anyone confirm this?

Are you sure they saying PGS, not CGS-M?

8 minutes ago, mli said:

Are you sure they saying PGS, not CGS-M?

That's a good point, I think there is an extra month for CGS-M at our school. They may have meant the CGS-M.

Edit: Wait the timeline for CGS-M says that applicants are notified April 1st as well.

Edited by spin_ice
Correcting information