SIPA Admission - got it

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from SIPA?? I saw on the admissions blog that they're over 80% done with releasing decisions, and basically this wait is seeming to last forever. I'm crossing my fingers to hear today!

Still waiting as well. Today's blog post also said the delay wasn't a reason to panic. While that almost certainly doesn't mean anything, I'm going to take it as a good sign.

Congratulations on your admittance, though! I'm still waiting, blerg. Are you leaning towards attending SIPA?

Thanks, I just realized this is good news...

I really don't know much about SIPA, I applied as an afterthought and because it didn't need much extra effort. I guess I'll have to read up on it now, though!

And I wouldn't be too worried if I were you -- I don't see how they could take so much longer just to reject an application.

Another SIPA acceptance here. Just got it now. Also got offered 20k in fellowship money so for all those who haven't yet heard back don't get discouraged; it may just mean you're up for some money. Now if I only could figure out why SIPA offers me 20k and I get outright rejected from SAIS. Those crazy adcommsblink.gif

Another SIPA acceptance here.  Just got it now.  Also got offered 20k in fellowship money so for all those who haven't yet heard back don't get discouraged; it may just mean you're up for some money.  Now if I only could figure out why SIPA offers me 20k and I get outright rejected from SAIS.  Those crazy adcommsblink.gif

Congrats! You're the first to officially receive funding! Are you likely to attend? 

Just heard back today. Got accepted! This was my top choice, so I'm pretty pleased.

My undergrad GPA from 8+ years ago is only a 2.96, so there was a lot of uncertainty. Just goes to show that by taking some chances and doing on some interesting work experience, you can really improve your chances.

Congrats! You're the first to officially receive funding! Are you likely to attend?

I would say it is likely at this point. I've been accepted to NYU, GSPIA, Korbel, and SIPA (with a SAIS rejection) but the choice for me really is between SIPA and Korbel. I was offered a full-ride at Korbel and thanks to the 20k SIPA offered along with an outside funding source SIPA will be for free as well. So money is a wash. I'm security studies and Korbel has a very good program in the latter which makes the decision harder. I'm going to be attending both student days and will have a better feel afterwards hopefully. It will be hard to turn down two years fully funded (including living expenses) at Columbia though.

I would say it is likely at this point. I've been accepted to NYU, GSPIA, Korbel, and SIPA (with a SAIS rejection) but the choice for me really is between SIPA and Korbel. I was offered a full-ride at Korbel and thanks to the 20k SIPA offered along with an outside funding source SIPA will be for free as well. So money is a wash. I'm security studies and Korbel has a very good program in the latter which makes the decision harder. I'm going to be attending both student days and will have a better feel afterwards hopefully. It will be hard to turn down two years fully funded (including living expenses) at Columbia though.

Don't turn that down. :-)

Nah really don't!

hi, im one of the many accepted to SIPA without 1st year aid. From an international student perspective, is it a good investment, especially if my aim is international development?

Hey all, I'm still waiting to hear from SIPA as well. Can we assume at this point that the applicants who are still waiting for SIPA are being considered for $ ?

I think admissions without funding and rejections are still considered at this point

Hey all, I'm still waiting to hear from SIPA as well. Can we assume at this point that the applicants who are still waiting for SIPA are being considered for $$ ?

Eh, never make assumptions, cuz know one really knows. You very well could be in the final pool of accepted applicants who are competitive for funding. I think last year they were accepting people well into the last week of March. Don't give up!

Sorry for the bump...but is there anyone still waiting for a response? I got my HKS rejection today so I'm not rushing SIPA if it isn't good news, but I really want to know...

If you are still waiting, I guess we're competing for the last few spots! :P

Sorry for the bump...but is there anyone still waiting for a response? I got my HKS rejection today so I'm not rushing SIPA if it isn't good news, but I really want to know...

I'm still waiting on a SIPA MIA decision.

I haven't heard either. It would be nice to get accepted but ultimately I'm not looking at attending. I don't think SIPA is a good fit for me.

If you are still waiting, I guess we're competing for the last few spots! tongue.gif

Me too.

hey...for those still waiting...i just heard back today and was accepted without funding

i was excited...until i saw the cost

anyone know how seriously to take the reputation of sipa as a "cash cow"

i know it's still a great school but how do you think that affects outside perceptions in terms of hiring etc...?