What does this mean?

monkeefugg

If you couldnt care less if I think you're stupid, why did you implore me in your previous post not to call you stupid.

You are not only stupid, but inconsistent & incoherent.

Because it's disruptive to this board. This isn't the "Poli sci job rumors" website where members insult each other left and right. We don't come to the Grad Cafe to read insults. I just think, quite honestly, it makes you look bad to resort to name-calling.

Last Night, I received an e-mail about financial aid from the school to which I applied.

But the thing is--I received it in my gmail account; whereas the e-mail account associated with my application and in which I had been receiving all the previous e-mails this school had been sending me is another account.

My gmail address only appears on my resumé.

So obviously this e-mail wasn't an automated message, but rather someone actively looked at my resumé and copied the e-mail address from there.

What.. why?

any ideas?

I'm trying not to read into it, but as decision time is drawing near, I find myself ever-more anxious... :unsure:

Monkeefugg, I got those emails also---the financial aid one and the survey one. I don't know if they mean anything or not but, at this point, I am hoping furiously that it means something just like you. Anyway, I guess we who applied at the NSSR will know something on and around March 10. The agony will be over.

I don't care, they sent them to everyone, they always sent these shit informative emails. Even if they accept me with quadruple funding I will go to my grave believing they sent the emails to everyone. But I have been rejected everywhere else, so I severely doubt I got in there. So the email doesn't mean anything.

Edit: And for the record, I do get your point about their copying it from the resume. But my point is that it still doesn't mean anything.

Without knowing the specifics of your application, I would say that, generally, since you are applying for the masters program in political science, you have a good chance of getting in. NSSR is known for accepting quite a number of Masters students in all of their disciplines, probably to fund the PhD students (who they don't accept nearly as many).

Monkeefugg, I got those emails also---the financial aid one and the survey one. I don't know if they mean anything or not but, at this point, I am hoping furiously that it means something just like you. Anyway, I guess we who applied at the NSSR will know something on and around March 10. The agony will be over.

One more thing too is that, if you notice, the financial aid email is signed by the financial aid office and not admissions. It is conceivable that admissions could have just sent over the resumes of all applicants to the financial aid department so that fin aid could send out that email. That would explain why your resume email address was used and not the one on your application. Of course, by the same token, admissions could have sent over just the resumes of the applicants they were intending to admit. This is getting crazy...I am spending way too much time thinking about this. LOL. :)

No they wouldnt do that b/c then the admissions committee at my department wouldnt have my resumé

which is dreadfully important, as it has all my amazing, impressive achievements on it

Also- all you losers who are rating down my posts can go to hell

Like I give a damn If I have a negative reputation

I have an actual life

No they wouldnt do that b/c then the admissions committee at my department wouldnt have my resumé

which is dreadfully important, as it has all my amazing, impressive achievements on it

Oh I'm not saying admissions sent over the originals to financial aid...maybe they sent copies or faxes. Also, its conceivable that financial aid could have sent the resumes back once they were finished emailing. Then again, who knows? It could be any number of things. Passes the time while waiting though. :) Trying to think positive. I'm already here at NSSR and would rather not have to go somewhere else to study.

I don't know if this thread is serious or not but it's kind of funny. "I have an actual life"/aka I've got the highest overall post count out of anyone in this entire thread. Hee hee. I'd stay neutral about the financial thing - it could be bad or good. No use in getting yourself all worked up about it, only to have it be some form email they send.

This may not be true for all schools, but when I worked in the admissions office at my current university the admissions office, financial aid, and most administrators had access to the same central database that contained all the information for all students and applicants. This means that if someone in admissions input your resume email onto that system that the financial aid office could have seen and used that email address.

Oh I'm not saying admissions sent over the originals to financial aid...maybe they sent copies or faxes. Also, its conceivable that financial aid could have sent the resumes back once they were finished emailing. Then again, who knows? It could be any number of things. Passes the time while waiting though. :) Trying to think positive. I'm already here at NSSR and would rather not have to go somewhere else to study.

I am just going to assume that I'm in

The vast majority of my assumptions are usually true, so I will assume that this assumption is as well

Cheers

Edited by monkeefugg

To the OP: I'm just wondering why you even started this thread with the question "What does this mean" if you just take every suggestion given and reject it? What was the point if you had already made up your mind about what it means?