Western Kentucky University

For those of you who applied and have not received anything back from WKU yet (acceptance or rejection), here is an email I just got back from the school:

"If you haven’t heard anything yet, it does mean that you are on a waitlist.  We will send everyone an email at the end once the cohorts are full.  No, unfortunately I’m not allowed to tell anyone where they are on the ranked waiting list, per the faculty’s request.  We are sending out another acceptance for each decline we get, so I don’t have any specific dates to give anyone yet at this point."

If you got accepted here and don't plan to attend, please let them know when you can! This is one of my top choice schools, and I'm pretty sure it is for others as well!

I was accepted to WKU and received an email today stating that I need to accept or deny within a week, so the wait list should move pretty fast, just FYI! This is for the distance program, so I'm not sure it it applies to on-campus as well.

1 hour ago, mel627 said:

I was accepted to WKU and received an email today stating that I need to accept or deny within a week, so the wait list should move pretty fast, just FYI! This is for the distance program, so I'm not sure it it applies to on-campus as well.

Did you get a departmental email as well as the general grad school one? I got admitted but haven’t received anything about when I have to accept by? 

11 hours ago, mel627 said:

@mel627 Were you admitted to the full time distance, or the part time? 

6 minutes ago, mel627 said:

The full time distance program.

@mel627Do you happen to know if they contacted your references also? I know they haven't contacted mine, but I'm still waitlisted... I'm wondering what that means. 

5 minutes ago, MinnesotaHappy said:

@mel627Do you happen to know if they contacted your references also? I know they haven't contacted mine, but I'm still waitlisted... I'm wondering what that means. 

I don't think they did actually. I work with two of them and neither have said anything to me about being contacted. I'll check with them today though and let you know.

7 minutes ago, mel627 said:

I don't think they did actually. I work with two of them and neither have said anything to me about being contacted. I'll check with them today though and let you know.

Thanks! I'm so antsy... I applied to the part-time distance program and I really wish they would let me know my ranking! The waiting is killing me!

10 minutes ago, MinnesotaHappy said:

Thanks! I'm so antsy... I applied to the part-time distance program and I really wish they would let me know my ranking! The waiting is killing me!

I feel ya! I'm on the wait list for my least expensive option and keep digging to find out more information, but no one will budge and tell me haha.

8 minutes ago, SLPhopeful56 said:

Does anyone know if this applies to the on-campus program as well? Mine still says "graduate pending admission" so I'm hopeful I'm still in the running

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. They said if you haven't gotten a rejection or admission yet that it means you are waitlisted.