Anybody hear from SPEA at Indiana?

sly06

Speaking to an admissions officer back in January, I had the impression that decisions get sent out in February. The "results" from previous years shows a lot of February acceptances/rejections as well.

I'm wondering if those of you who applied to the Masters programs at SPEA have heard back. If not, when do you expect decisions to be sent out?

I've been checking my inbox incessantly... this is getting to be unhealthy. If the admissions person had told me I wouldn't hear until March, it would have saved me a month's worth of anxiety.

Thanks.

Hi there!

I got an informal e-mail last Friday saying I was accepted. Have you filed your FAFSA yet? I seemed that they were waiting for my FAFSA to be approved, before they sent my acceptance.

I also have the feeling they are on a rolling admissions schedule, so there doesn't seem to be a set time for when they send out decisions (unless you want to be considered for funding/scholarships, etc)

Hope that helps.

Hmmm. The lag time was short. However, acceptances usually come out in waves, and as far as I can tell from hanging out here at the gradcafe, I don't think a bunch of acceptances have gone out yet.

My acceptance was really a very short, informal 1 paragraph e-mail from Jennifer Medlin, saying that more information would be coming mid-march.

Hang in there! I know the wait can be agonizing!

Edited by tammy-san

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I got my admit in first week of march...and I am positively considering to join. But as an international applicant I am currently weighing my options...If anyone can furnish then kindly provide me with some insights about IUB and particularly so for SPEA, that can help me making my decision.

"I've been checking my inbox incessantly... this is getting to be unhealthy."

I totally feel ya. I still haven't heard back from SPEA. I've been waiting for a response since early January. If I don't hear back by April 15, I have to make a decision blind (accept or reject my GSPIA offer).

Does anyone know if they have extended the first round of merit based aid? They had said they would send an announcement when they had, but I haven't received anything.

They said the remaining first round assignments (since they are all work-based) will get sent out early next week. Second round will start after 4/15.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone else gotten news from SPEA? I was also told I'd be in the first group, but I haven't heard anything yet. This program is definitely my top choice so I'm starting to get anxious about not hearing.

Hi,there, I am Chinese applicant of SPEA, i got admission letter yesterday~ It is said there are 3 round reviewing, I was in the first group~ So just keep waiting, there will be good news!

Has anyone else gotten news from SPEA? I was also told I'd be in the first group, but I haven't heard anything yet. This program is definitely my top choice so I'm starting to get anxious about not hearing.

I received an acceptance email last Thursday. Best of luck!

Thanks for the update. I'm just trying to gauge if its reasonable for me to constantly check my email now or if only a few letters have gone out. Also, it may be time to start lowering my expectations.

I received an acceptance email last Thursday. Best of luck!

Thanks for the update. I'm just trying to gauge if its reasonable for me to constantly check my email now or if only a few letters have gone out. Also, it may be time to start lowering my expectations.

Well, I suppose like grandma used to tell me "a watched pot never boils", however, I know that is easier to say...harder to respect. I eagerly awaited any response all through January from any program as I had submitted my applications back in December - but this last week some started to trickle in. I know I was in the first round of applications to be reviewed at Indiana. Be patient, and best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the acceptance letter for MPA from SPEA-IU Bloomington. Am also waiting to hear from HKS, UC Berkley and UT Austin. So not finalized yet. I am an international applicant so dont know much about IU bloomington except what is available at their website or this forum. Can anybody detail about life there and the ranking of MPA degree from IU? Thanks and good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I also got accepted from SPEA as an AMP student.

I think everyone may have gotten the acceptance letter if they submitted the application before few weeks before Feb 1st.

Got the acceptance letter for MPA from SPEA-IU Bloomington. Am also waiting to hear from HKS, UC Berkley and UT Austin. So not finalized yet. I am an international applicant so dont know much about IU bloomington except what is available at their website or this forum. Can anybody detail about life there and the ranking of MPA degree from IU? Thanks and good luck

Does anyone know whether acceptance letter are sent more often in forms of email or regular mail.Thanks

I also got accepted from SPEA as an AMP student.

I think everyone may have gotten the acceptance letter if they submitted the application before few weeks before Feb 1st.

I believe they said they will get back to applicants through U.S. postal service and/or email.

I got mine through email today!

Does anyone know whether acceptance letter are sent more often in forms of email or regular mail.Thanks

I have no idea actually. I won't think too much about it now. The admissions office told me I should hear back from them next week or so when I emailed them on Monday--but then I received the admission email this morning :)

So most likely if they send it through regular mail, it will be a rejection letter?

Congratulations,did you request funding?

I have no idea actually. I won't think too much about it now. The admissions office told me I should hear back from them next week or so when I emailed them on Monday--but then I received the admission email this morning :)

Yes, I did. I checked the boxes in my application. The admission email said funding decision will be announced in mid-march....so I am guessing any time from now?

Congratulations,did you request funding?