Northwestern University Class of 2021

AnAudLife

On 3/20/2018 at 11:10 PM, AnAudLife said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone else here decided to attend Northwestern University! I just accepted their offer today and I'm BEYOND EXCITED! I really want to start a facebook group or something similar, so comment below if you want to join!

Grats on taking the plunge and accepting! I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid. They said we should hear about "scholarships" by tomorrow, but does that include other forms of financial aid (loans, etc)? I'm assuming if you haven't heard by now, they're not giving you any money, but who knows anymore! :rolleyes:

There is a Facebook group. I just joined a couple of days ago (if you haven't joined by now). Search for Northwestern Au.D. Class of 2021

On 3/20/2018 at 8:10 PM, AnAudLife said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone else here decided to attend Northwestern University! I just accepted their offer today and I'm BEYOND EXCITED! I really want to start a facebook group or something similar, so comment below if you want to join!

Congrats!! It's one of my top choices, but I'm still waiting to hear back about funding as well since it is a pricier program...we supposedly should hear back today so fingers crossed! 

14 hours ago, Taritai said:

Grats on taking the plunge and accepting! I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid. They said we should hear about "scholarships" by tomorrow, but does that include other forms of financial aid (loans, etc)? I'm assuming if you haven't heard by now, they're not giving you any money, but who knows anymore! :rolleyes:

There is a Facebook group. I just joined a couple of days ago (if you haven't joined by now). Search for Northwestern Au.D. Class of 2021

I just got an email from them! Waitlisted for scholarships. :( I don't think it includes other forms of financial aid like loans though!

14 hours ago, Taritai said:

Oh I didn't know that! I'll join now!

And good luck with financial aid. It's scary how expensive grad school is, especially Northwestern. 

Actually spoke to the Office of Financial Aid today. So apparently your financial aid isn't sent out till May, but the officer (CD are her initials) stated that everyone will be offered the same package essentially--no more, no less.  Not including any departmental aid (scholarships, GA, etc.), you will be given a package that covers the cost of tuition AND a living stipend which is about $7,500 per QUARTER. She sent me the PDF that outlines this. 

Once you've been given your award, you of course have the right to accept/reject/modify, but that's the gist of it.

tl;dr - Looking at you 200k in debt if you accept the whole award with no departmental assistance. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...