Is MSPPM a STEM degree?

Adhi

Hi,

I have been admitted to CMU's MSPPM  Pittsburgh track. I understand that it is a Masters in Science degree. However, I could not find any written material saying MSPPM is a STEM affiliated degree and the graduates are eligible for OPT extension.

I absolutely love the program and everything it offers. But I really need to know if I will be eligible for the  OPT extension post graduation. Can someone please clarify this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Adhi said:

Hi,

I have been admitted to CMU's MSPPM  Pittsburgh track. I understand that it is a Masters in Science degree. However, I could not find any written material saying MSPPM is a STEM affiliated degree and the graduates are eligible for OPT extension.

I absolutely love the program and everything it offers. But I really need to know if I will be eligible for the  OPT extension post graduation. Can someone please clarify this?

Thanks

Hi Adhi! I'm so sorry, I can't provide an answer for this, as it's a query for me as well.

However, one thing that makes me think it is not a STEM degree is the fact that the MISM degree is clearly labelled a STEM degree in the course description, whereas the MSPPM does not mention it at all. 

On 3/25/2018 at 1:24 PM, Adhi said:

Hi,

Thanks

You need to call the admissions office and ask the school right away. Don't rely on any secondhand information you find on this forum - go straight to the school. They'll be able to give you the most accurate up-to-date info about something this important.