Withdraw? Wait? Decide Now?!

RNadine21

So here's my current situation. I have one acceptance, but I have until the 15th to make a decision. I'm waiting to hear from three other schools:

School #1 - I just got over some drama with them (for those who didn't read my previous post, I was offered a fellowship to switch from a Master's to a PhD candidate, apparently took too long to think it over, and the two faculty members I was talking to committed to other candidates in the process and neglected to tell me. I heard from the distraught program director). At this point I'm sure it's useless to contact other people in the program and I've lost the desire to attend at all after seeing a very obvious lack of communication within the program. So I suppose I should just withdraw from that school, right? The director outright told me I wouldn't get a response before the 15th in light of all this.

School #2 - I contacted two faculty members and they at least got back to me and told me they'd consider me. But I haven't told them about the 15th yet. I did however tell the secretary and she told me the school is on rolling admissions, so I should let the faculty members know about the date too. However, this is my last choice. So.....I guess I should withdraw from this school also, right?

School #3 - My number one choice. The secretary told me my application is currently being reviewed and reminded me to stay in contacted with people since you must be fully supported to be accepted. I talked to two faculty members who were very interested in me last semester. I emailed both twice already and I've heard nothing. Should I try a third time and explain the date situation or give up hope?

*Sigh* I can't wait for all this to be over.

So here's my current situation. I have one acceptance, but I have until the 15th to make a decision. I'm waiting to hear from three other schools:

School #1 - I just got over some drama with them (for those who didn't read my previous post, I was offered a fellowship to switch from a Master's to a PhD candidate, apparently took too long to think it over, and the two faculty members I was talking to committed to other candidates in the process and neglected to tell me. I heard from the distraught program director). At this point I'm sure it's useless to contact other people in the program and I've lost the desire to attend at all after seeing a very obvious lack of communication within the program. So I suppose I should just withdraw from that school, right? The director outright told me I wouldn't get a response before the 15th in light of all this.

School #2 - I contacted two faculty members and they at least got back to me and told me they'd consider me. But I haven't told them about the 15th yet. I did however tell the secretary and she told me the school is on rolling admissions, so I should let the faculty members know about the date too. However, this is my last choice. So.....I guess I should withdraw from this school also, right?

School #3 - My number one choice. The secretary told me my application is currently being reviewed and reminded me to stay in contacted with people since you must be fully supported to be accepted. I talked to two faculty members who were very interested in me last semester. I emailed both twice already and I've heard nothing. Should I try a third time and explain the date situation or give up hope?

*Sigh* I can't wait for all this to be over.

Don't they legally have to give you until April 15th to decide? Can you convince the school at which you have an acceptance to give you a bit more time? This is a pretty important decision, after all, and I would hope they would understand your situation.

Don't they legally have to give you until April 15th to decide? Can you convince the school at which you have an acceptance to give you a bit more time? This is a pretty important decision, after all, and I would hope they would understand your situation.

That's what I've been told as well, not only from other applicants, but from people working in admissions at schools that I have applied to.

Yea, I might have to. The thing is at this point I'd only accept School #3 over the school that accepted me, so I'm not sure if I should just withdraw the other two applications now and continue harassing the professors at #3.