MSW from UW-Milwaukee or Loyola Chicago

PRCFR

Hi all, I need help deciding which grad school to attend. I have been accepted to MSW programs in University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee and Loyola University Chicago. I need to make a decision within the next few days and I have no idea what to do. What do you guys think? Besides the tuition, is there a school that is more credible than the other? Would an MSW from Milwaukee or Loyola be better? Please please help. 

Hello!

I know a fair amount about Loyola's program and  only a little about Milwaukee's program but I think that they are pretty different. Loyola is and has always been a very clinically focused program and Wisconsin seems a little more macro. I think that Loyola has a larger name recognition especially if you are staying in the Midwest and that when it comes to their professors, they have a big advantage too. Most of their clinical professors are also practicing clinicians, which means they are out their doing the latest work and practicing their skills. 

Milwaukee has alot of great public agencies for fieldwork, I imagine you need a car to be able to access a lot of them. It has more of a campus feel if that is important to you, Loyola's is downtown and very far from the main campus. They both have great certificate programs, Milwaukee with its trauma-informed care one and Loyola's  certificate in Alcohol and other drug counseling. 

I guess it comes down to what you want to focus on and what is important to you in  a program. As I am attending Loyola next year I am bias but, go with your gut!

On 4/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, PRCFR said:

Thank you so much for your reply! I’m leaning more towards Loyola and I think their program fits better with what I want to do! See you in the fall? :)

Yes!! There is also a FB group if you haven't joined it already It's,  Loyola MSW Students