I am considering applying to NCCU for my Speech Pathology masters but have heard a few negative reviews about the program. Any current students or alumni have any reviews of the school? I would be moving across the country to go to this school so if its sub par I would rather apply to other programs.

1 hour ago, aprilkookaburra said:

I am considering applying to NCCU for my Speech Pathology masters but have heard a few negative reviews about the program. Any current students or alumni have any reviews of the school? I would be moving across the country to go to this school so if its sub par I would rather apply to other programs.

I don't go there but I know about the program. What negative things have you heard?

18 hours ago, soontobeslp2018 said:

I don't go there but I know about the program. What negative things have you heard?

Mainly that it isn't as funded as the other schools nearby and that it is hard to get all of your clinical hours in because of how many students there are and the low number of resources. It could just be people nit picking little things they didn't like, I just haven't talked to any alumni that enjoyed it. ( My alumni pool has also only been two or three people so far so that could be part of the problem too)  

1 hour ago, aprilkookaburra said:

Mainly that it isn't as funded as the other schools nearby and that it is hard to get all of your clinical hours in because of how many students there are and the low number of resources. It could just be people nit picking little things they didn't like, I just haven't talked to any alumni that enjoyed it. ( My alumni pool has also only been two or three people so far so that could be part of the problem too)  

I can’t say much for funding since I don’t go there. But the website shows a prettt good variety of clinical placements, however they do seem fairly specific (bilingual or AAC) so it could be the people you’ve talked to weren’t interested in those areas. Also Durham was hospitals nearby which I’m sure you could get hours done at as well. Maybe reach out to the department and ask about clinic placements to see if it eases your worry about the program